TLZone Forums banner

Have you ever fouled a spark plug on your TLS or TLR.

• USA .. Yes.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • USA.. No.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Europe/UK.. Yes

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Europe/UK..No

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Australia/New Zealand..Yes

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Australia/New Zealand..No

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Rest of the World..Yes

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Rest of the World..No

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Negative

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
Negative

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
aye did one set bought some new ones 30 mile later same again used denso iridium since with no problems in 20,000 mile

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,413 Posts
Never, I always replace them every year aswell

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
yes.
looking at the results so far it would appear oz has the best fuel maps std!

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,413 Posts
I think a lot of it is people trying to start bikes with crap batteries, when the bike is turning over the fuel rail is already up to pressure and injectors fire but the spark is too weak to do anything useful and the plugs foul.

The problem seems to happen most in the US where you can't turn off the main lights........are you starting to follow my theory yet.......:laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
And the US ECU's have different cold start ECU mapping too.

Places like AU, the bikes don't get laid up as long as some other places. The bikes get used all year round.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
oz bikes have lights on too

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
It's a positive for the negative .

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Never had an issue :no

Always starts first time, every time, even when left lost and forlorn in the garage for 3 months whilst my ankle was bust through all the very cold weather. I replaced the plugs last year for the first time since buying the bike in Jan '02 :dowhat

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I replaced the plugs last year for the first time since buying the bike in Jan '02 :dowhat
Whats the saying ,"If it aint broke dont fix it" .:laugh

·
Registered
801 Posts
I think a lot of it is people trying to start bikes with crap batteries, when the bike is turning over the fuel rail is already up to pressure and injectors fire but the spark is too weak to do anything useful and the plugs foul.

The problem seems to happen most in the US where you can't turn off the main lights........are you starting to follow my theory yet.......:laugh
Exactly what happened to me with fresh iridium's .... battery is everything to these old girls

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
negative. and never replaced them in over 32k miles either :fingerlol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I said No but.... have never fouled except when my coil crapped out and gave a really weak spark - then fouled plugs, but new ones wouldn't stay working for long. New coils + plugs and no more problems:) - other than one set of plugs fouling when the coil went bad, I've got 60k miles with no other fouling:)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:stupid

I may have partially fouled a plug from several cold starts and no warm-up/riding time, but a quick spin around the block remedied that problem :devious

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well this didn't go as expected. :laugh

I thought it was going to be US bikes most likely to foul a plug thinking it might be something to do with the advance while cranking so ECU related.

Instead it is around 50/50 with the US with less fouling,there goes that theory based on this poll anyway.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
need another theory to get your Phd les

1 - 20 of 26 Posts