TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
I was reading in the paper here the other week that Police issued speeding tickets are down 60,000. Police hours spent on road patrol down 400 or 500 thousand hours or something. (1.9 million hours to 1.4 million hours I think).

But not to worry.

Speed camera fines issued are up 400,000 though :crazy

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Good. Good for environment, good for usage of tax dollars, good for cops not running people over while they all barred up on a chase ... ;)
You should be happy Steve - the law is the law after all :pirate :laugh

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Radar cameras are the work of the devil. Over here the red light cameras are all rigged with a super short yellow light in order to nab you. If you see yellow, regard it as a red at these interesections.

I only expect revenue collection through police activity and cameras around town to increase as the economy tanks.

Funny thing is, a friend of mine's father is a detective who busts gang members and such. He hates traffic cops and regards them as a bunch of pussies who can't handle real law enforcement :lol

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
You should be happy Steve - the law is the law after all :pirate :laugh
True, true. I've never got a speeding ticket when not speeding. It's so easy to beat the speed camera's. It's really easy to beat any police blitz too.

Red light camera's, not a problem. We've probably got more in Melbourne than the whole of the US, I've not had one get me yet :laugh I'm not a 'yellow means accelerate and beat the light, driver'.

If I stick to the limit or just below it, I don't get busted. Now I can drive around in an unroadworthy car, unregistered, billowing out heaps of smoke and as long as I don't speed, I'll be ok! :thumbup

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
In qld all yelow light must be on for 4.7seconds.

in vic I heard itd only 3.0

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
And when they double snap you, they can tell how far you travelled and get you for speeding too :laugh

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Don't even start me on red lights ... they're red for a ****ing reason people! If people followed traffic laws precisely then traffic flow is predictable and hey whaddya know - less accidents! Miracle!

In NZ orange legally means (or meant) stop if you can do so safely. Here, they mean much the same thing, although the law in worded something like "Don't enter the intersection on a orange light if you can stop safely before hand" ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts