TLZone Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it wasnt me.... Any guesses??

A few pics from the Pocono trackday,

Early morning, Cold track (guessing 50 something F), Damp track.

Second session: Drier track, Still cool...

Third session, seemed more like "ideal" temps for the season (65F When i left)

And here is the knee down... :cheers

Congrats, wish i could have been riding...

How were the sessions after i left?

Here are a few other ones i thought were cool.

I like that last one.

Im sure the owner of the bike can comment on the day if he wants to...
Also if you want a copy of all your pics i can send them on disk if you give an addy via PM.

(I wasnt as impressed with the pic quality as i thought id be, but they still look good for not knowing what i was doing with a cam.)
:cheers once again.

Jesse

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have many more of other riders.. but it took me 2hrs to get this far.... :coocoo
I have some good ones of a 636 tearing it up.... but that will have to wait till later.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Jesse! :thumbup They came out really nice! It turned out to be a decent afternoon afterall. There were a lot of crashes though. Some riders just weren't giving their tires enough time to warm up. All in all it was an excellent finish to my season. I'm gunna start a 2007 track season fund. And the knee down felt soooooo great!!!!

Oh yeah...one more thing. I got bumped up to intermediate and well....all I have to say is that my ego was put back in check. I was the fastest in the beginner group but I was the slowest in intermediate.

·
Registered
790 Posts
awesome pics! I've only done one trackday so far, and I hope I do that well on my next. On the "knee down" pic, what's that hanging down on the left side? Is the sidestand not up all the way? Looks too far back to be your toes. :O

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kickstand..... :yes

must not have been up all the way.. mine doesnt hang that low...:O

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Wish you were there Jim. It kicks azz!!!!!!

This is the best high I've ever gotten since my college years!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is another cool set of a zx6rr..

..... The control rider in that group ripped it up. :hail

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Lots of crashes huh? Did you read my thread link I posted on your other thread about cold trackdays? Buncha idiots riding hard, not letting their tires warm up so they could enjoy the afternoon huh? Hmmm...sounds familiar. :)

Glad you had a good time though, got the knee down, got bumped to the next level and didn't crash. That's a damn good day if you ask me. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Believe it or not your post about letting the tires warm up stuck deep in my mind as I went out for each session. I basically took it easy for 2 laps minimum, then I started to open her up more each succeeding lap. Some crashes were just unexplainable. One guy lost it on the back straight during the first lap on his R6. He put some decent gouges in the pavement when he went down too. I saw another guy get tossed over his bike when he went too hot into the turn and highsided into the field. At least no one got seriously hurt.

I'm tempted to go out one more time this year(October 15th I think) with Team Pro-Motion but I better not if I want to stay happily married.

Once I got bumped up to intermediate group I suddenly felt like a little puppy in world full of big dogs. But it still felt good to run with these guys. I tried to keep up the pace with them without going over my own head. Next year will be more fun. I'll be able to practice practice practice and perhaps each time I'll be able to stay more and more with the pace.

·
Registered
291 Posts
TPM is there on the 7th and 8th and again on the 13th for the North course. I'll be at Beaver for the 7-8 but am thinking about the 30th at summit to finish the season.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks totally awsome:hail

:thumbup

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts