TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

As discussed here some time ago I'm going to fix the TLS so that it works in the wet without scaring me to death! To this end I need to change the plug leads to rid the bike of it's tendency to drop onto one cylinder. :banghead

While I'm at it, should I change the plug caps too? Indeed, am I correct in assuming that I just buy lengths of HT lead and screw it in at both ends - the Haynes manual is rather vague on this point...

I will at the same time be balancing the throttle bodies, sorting the TPS and adding extra grounding for the coils. Is there anything else I could reasonably be doing while the thing's in bits?

Cheers

·
Registered
254 Posts
A really simple fix to stop them running on one cylinder is to put plenty of silcone gease around where the plug lead joins the plug cap, and to fit a mudgaurd extender flappy thing. I did that to the SV I had, and to the raptor and have never had a problem in the rain since. It's certainly cheaper than buying new bits :devious

Amanda

·
Registered
6,760 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yep, plug lead screws in on both ends, I'd use a little dielectric grease on the ends then seal up the outer part of the lead to the boot and housing with silicone. Sealing alone may not be enough, I sealed mine all up and still lost the rear cylinder in the rain, replaced the leads and all was well.

Just FYI SV1k leads/coils and caps fit and seem to be of higher quality. The coils are shorter and won't reach both mounting screws though.

have fun

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
i couldn't find ngk caps... had to buy oe stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts