TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been offered a crashed TLR off Ebay, it is in London and the offer is via a second chance offer, thing is I live about 200 miles away and would not want to travel all that way if it is a complete shed, I have asked him what part of London he is.
Is there anyone willing to go and have a look for me, I will gladly pay fuel costs and a couple of bevvies for your troubles too

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure where other than London, yeah about a week ago.
Didn't you fancy it or did something put you off Ian

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Perhaps give papa or TSM a ring? I don't think papa checks in here too often so a call may be in order.

have fun

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
2nd chance offer? Watch out for those scams my friend. What was his second chance offer compared to what it went for vs what your highest bid was?

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2nd chance offer? Watch out for those scams my friend. What was his second chance offer compared to what it went for vs what your highest bid was?

The email came from Ebay this time and is included in myebay too, I am confident this is kosher, he even has his phone number on there too.
I will wait for a reply then hopefully someone is local enough to go and check it out on my behalf.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Not sure where other than London, yeah about a week ago.
Didn't you fancy it or did something put you off Ian
I spent most of my money on motec just as it came up on ebay the first time and asked a mate if he wanted to go half's on buying it(got offered it for £500)
But he said is looked a bit to tatty for him in the pic's on ebay and the engine wasnt running either+unknown mileage,so would have to buy it without engine running and as that's the most valuable part of the bike,he didnt want to chance it.
So had to give it a miss:banghead

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
If its the same one,yes i did call him mate and he said min £500 no less,said battery was dead and hasnt bothered to get it running.
Like my mate said,if we go all that way and cant get it running,then we aint buying.
Like the last one i bought, even though it was outside and it was dark and 10 o'clock i wasnt takin it until i heard it run.
Also if i remember right,in the pic the wheel's looked like the paint was fooked.
If the pic of the bike had the bike with big chain attatched to it around the front seat area then that's the same one.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
PJ...................it sounds a bit dodgy mate:coocoo let us know where in London if you find out but be 100% sure matey:skeptic

·
Registered
426 Posts
If its tower bridge, its just down the road from me. If you want i can pop there, swap batteries and see if it fires up or not give you a call while i am there.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm still awaiting a response from an email, again not holding my breath, thanks for the offers guys, I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Posh, If I lived closer I'd do it in a shot, Any chance I can have to swingarm if you get the bike???

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Make me an offer on mine :devious

Just finished building it, totally stock except Johnson cans and wets on wheels :laugh (looking for a cheap set of white TLR wheels to replace or leave them on)

Just about to take it to my dads for winter storage and sell in Spring when prices pick up a bit.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice Fiche Man....Nice!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Is this you finally going to buy a mans bike PJ ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts