TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get compo through following the car crash I was in, I'm reckoning on 2 to 3 grand.

We sold the wifes SV650 last february. I'm thinking of using the money to get either a TRX850 or another TLR....bike must be black or yellow or both.

Any ideas which one...I've always fancied having a TRX and they look good with R1 forks etc

Clare's ridden my bike a few times and loved it.....advice please folks

Reckoning on getting compo about March.

Merry Christmas to every one too

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Nah, not a TRX :eek not unless it dirt cheap - budget bin suspension, 5 speed box ... they seem really naff stock. And a TLS is about the same price over here.
850cc parrallel twin with 270º firing order is neat ... but the rest of it :no

I looked at them before I got the TLR ...

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Are there many TRX's about these days:O Not too common now but that could be a good thing, better than turning up a a meet with the same bike as everyone else:devious Don't know too much about them but i must admit i do like the differant styling. As for the comp claim i recieved £2350 6 years ago for whip lash when i got hit from behind.It wasn't that bad but was advised to claim anyway. Took 6 months to get the cash from the date of the accident. Problem is now i was knocked off my bike last June and smashed up my foot and injured my neck (whip lash again) and this time i did hurt it badly. Bloody insurance are only willing to pay out 25% of the whip lash money due to having claimed before:banghead :rant :rant apparently it's classed as agravated whip lash. Good luck andy.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Oh yeah and a shitty headlight :) but like I said, if it's cheap it'd be a great bike to pimp up ... for something different

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was a good TRX special in Performance Berks the other month.

I like the latice frame and as for headlight, the special had an endurance faring with the halogen projector/foxeye unit. Fit a HID kit :)

I know a tuner who can get awesome power and torque from the 10valve head on the TRX and as I said before with Yamaha R6 and R1 series parts being 'simple' swap and minor fitting mods could have a special little bike for not much money.

They are quite rare now

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm expecting a whiplash compo payout within the next month or two. Accident happened 13 Nov last year......
Had my van fixed plus £1200 worth of reciepted expenses so far, my solicitor is now submitting a claim for an additional £3750 as I still have trouble with my neck after this amount of time. The Doctor is predicting full recovery will be 18 months, so don't rush in and accept a crap offer if you are having problems, they offered me £1200 about 6 months ago.:whipping

1 - 7 of 7 Posts