TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i write a letter to the rotella T folks? the cylinders still show crosshatching and the pistons look brand new sans a little carbon.

:eek:mg

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6.99 a gallon dino 15w-40

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
jeez mate they dont look to bad at all

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Wow, maybe it's time I stop buying expensive oil.
Looks pretty damn good for over 60k miles

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
That's a great post N2. I use the Rotella Synthetic, but it makes me wonder if it's worth the extra cost?

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong here, but two big factors for that engine, imo, are lots of hwy miles and religious oil changes at relatively short intervals. (Forgetting about the drag racing :laugh) Considering how easy oil changes are on the S and low cost of cheaper oil it's not a bad way to go... obviously.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Looks in good nick :thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks awsome:thumbup I use the syn rotella, but only because it gets so cold here in the winter and it starts really slowly with the dino oil (the syn is 5w-40).

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
Makes me feel good N2, I use that same sh*t. All my friends cringe when I tell them I am buying oil for my bike at walmart...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Looks really good condition still...does it get a thrashing very often...And Ive got to agree cheap oil changed frequently is way better than good oil thats left in for too long. Ive done 6000 miles this year and have changed mine 3 times...or is it 4 mmmmm cannt remember.. better do it again..lol

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
depends what you call thrashing.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
N2wheelies said:
depends what you call thrashing.

Thatl be it
...:laugh

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Extender said:
Makes me feel good N2, I use that same sh*t. All my friends cringe when I tell them I am buying oil for my bike at walmart...

heh me too! :laugh i guess they wont be laughin now. good post

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Just changed the oil in the DRZ. Yep, Rotella it is :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree the most important factor is how often you change. Getting the grime out sooner =longer engine life. By the way lookin good N2, I wonder if a TLR looks that good after 65K?:devious

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
throttle bodies being put to good use...thanks N2...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I tell people I put Rotella T in my bike, and they think I'm crazy. I swear by the stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Ryno said:
Wow, maybe it's time I stop buying expensive oil.
Looks pretty damn good for over 60k miles
pmmonster said:
Correct me if I am wrong here, but two big factors for that engine, imo, are lots of hwy miles and religious oil changes at relatively short intervals.

Directly related to each other, the latter going a long way to answer the former ..... I was told (by the guy who was showing me how to properly re-build my old duke motor for the second time ... :banghead :banghead ) that a £10 oil changed every 1k miles would be better for the engine than a £30 one every 3k miles :confused

sorta makes sense to me :)

Damn nice insides you have there N2, for 65k :dowhat makes me feel far more comfortable putting more miles on mine :hail

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have to agree with the frequent oil change philosophy. especially with wet clutches.

6.99 a gallon rotella T on a bike with no lower makes for cheap and fast oil changes.
ive got 9500 miles on my 05 sv650...
7 oil changes already and one set of tires too.

cages i change at 3K.

like they say, the proof is in the pudding.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts