TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had these for a month or so and am lovin them. I used to run Dunlop D208's and my last pair was some Bridgestone Battle ax's. Seemed like the 208's never really heated up and the battle's never inspired too much confidence for me.
These Pirelli's heat up quick and you can feel the grip at any speed. i am in the military so recently I was required to take a "sportbike" class which was basically getting you familiar with cornering, switchbacks, braking and such. Nothing really exciting but, it was a paid day off work! Anyway, these Pirelli's inspired so much confidence for me that I (not on purpose!) scrubbed the tire all the way over on both sides in a parking lot course.
For me that is a big deal because I never have been able too get the last 1/4 inch of the tires in scrub in.
So just thought I would give you guys my experience if you were looking for a new set of tires for the TL.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I have them on my 10. I love them when they're warmed up, but when cold, they can be slick as ice! I've been able to get a good lean on with the Strada's too. Regular street riding and I have about 1/8", if that much on the edge.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I have a new set of Strada's on too. Switched from Pilot Powers and love it. Once they get all nice and warm they are very grippy. It's been raining like crazy here this week, and the Strada's do very well in the rain too!

·
Moderator,
8,234 Posts
I've been running the Diablos but their tread life is a bit hard on the wallet. How's the Stradas do mileagewise?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts