TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think its time for a new rear tire for me :devious

loved that M3 but i only got about 1800 miles outta that one :coocoo so ive been looking at and reading about dual compound tires and i think these are the best 2 competitors. ive read nothing bad about either tire but one guy at a bike store near me said that the 2CT tires have more hard compound and less soft compound on the edges compared to a Corsa III. i think he said the 2CT was split like 20/60/20 and the PCIII were 25/50/25....i could be wrong though :) so any input on grip, warm up time, trustworthiness, stability, and wear life etc would be great!!!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
:eatcorn

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
2CT's on mine and nearly done 3000Klms to the rear with one Track day thrown in.
I generally get 2 rears to a front. Pretty quick warm up and better confidence than a normal PP. I like them alot and will probley go another set.
I had Super corsers on mine when i got it but have to say i cant compare as my riding has improved 10 fold since then. (No big head)
I think SteveTLS just put Super corsa III on his Gixxer?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Bridgestone do a "five" compound tyre ... but if you measure the PP2CT the same way, you'd have a three compound tyre on the Michelin :confused marketing bullshit - that drvoe me away from the Bridgestones last tyre change :laugh

I got the 2CTs on mine and have had them since they've come out ... good mileage although they suffer in summer here and I've never had any cornering issues, even in the wet. But then, I don't push them hard enough to get them mangled on the edges so ... still, they inspire confidence for me, especially in the wet.

I'm wondering if the Pilot Road 2CTs aren't more suitable for me ... apparently, as they're a sports touring compound they warm up sooner and hold more heat in them :O that's if I read the article right :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
I've just put a DC III on the rear of the GSXR. No complaints so far, but I've only done around 500-600miles on it.

I'd run SuperCorsa's for a while, but with the riding I do these days, I squared off the last one so went for something a little harder.

I might end up finding the centre of the Diablo Corsa is stil too soft :dunno

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Depends if you want to run in the wet. The Diablo Corsa I had a while back was really undriveable in the wet, even in a straight line!
Pilot Power is great in the dry and wet.

--> For me the choice is clear. Pilot Power.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Depends if you want to run in the wet. The Diablo Corsa I had a while back was really undriveable in the wet, even in a straight line!
Pilot Power is great in the dry and wet.

--> For me the choice is clear. Pilot Power.

Greetings
Rufer
Plus one - recent damp track run out Corsa 3's on a K61000 had them stepping out/spinning in a strightline. try a 55 2ct profile, nicer turn in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts