1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
You do nice work Les. :thumbup

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Hey hey! Didn't know you got back on the internerd! Welcome back Les! I finished the Meal Mates just this week ... I been dragging them out for as long as possible :laugh

·
Moderator,
8,217 Posts
New exhaust for the TL, Les?:confused Well, I reckon you know what you're doing.:devious :laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
If you ever get to Texas, I need some welding lessons. Nice work sir.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
amazing craftmanship there:hail I have no clue what I'm looking at, but I know a pretty weld when I see one:drool

·
Registered
724 Posts
A Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation (CAC) CA-27 (or CA-26 if it is the prototype) with a Rolls Avon engine and modified airframe to accomodate the new engine and cannons. Mk 30/31/32 were the variants, based on the F-86 Sabre. The Mk 31/32 even carried Sidewinders.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Is that the exhaust for BX TL-deathstar :dunno

nice work :thumbup

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Les,

Who do you work for ??? One of my projects is to relocating our LPG terminal at Channel Island. I need a good fabricator to make up the spool pieces :)

Also do you know any pressure vessel fabricators in Auckland ??

As for the jet....CAC Avon Sabre F-86 (ID: A94-914)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Looks like you been busy there
Nice looking work there mate

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:thumbup :thumbup

Les,

Who do you work for ??? One of my projects is to relocating our LPG terminal at Channel Island. I need a good fabricator to make up the spool pieces :)

Also do you know any pressure vessel fabricators in Auckland ??

As for the jet....CAC Avon Sabre F-86 (ID: A94-914)
I took the first job off the plane (with Transcon) so it will do until i head West around April. (should be the job end but who knows,i will see it out)
I can not think of any pressure vessel fabricators offhand as most i know are around my age and went to management long ago.... unlike me :coocoo :laugh I figure two more years as i still enjoy it but get out at 50.
The thing here is,it is the same rate whatever you do,building structural towers was more of a lurk than spooling given some of the mismatch of pipe and elbows. :banghead

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Bloody big silo there Les :laugh
Do you weld out the spools or just tack em up?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts