TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Boiz,
I have a switch mounted on the fairing of my TLS that I assumed was the fan mod, but the fan doesn't come on when the switch is thrown. Upon further investigation, it turns out that the switch is spliced into the pink wire that comes from the larger plug on the ECU.
Is this a recognised mod? If so, what its it supposed to do as the only difference that I can detect is a slight variance in idle revs when the switch is thrown.:confused
Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Sounds like a TRE or similar :O

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just checked on the wiring diags and the Pink wire goes to the speedo sensor. But its also for the TRE. There is a post on this forum where someone spliced the wrong pink wire and wandered why the speedo did not work. The TRE wire acording to the diag does not go to the front of the bike.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
The TRE wire goes from the rear of the right side of the engine, under the spring and up to the loom at the front of the bike. Follow the wire from the engine, and if there is a white plug with pink wires either side, then it isnt the TRE wire.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pink wire has been cut about an inch away from the ecu. A wire has been joined onto each of the cut ends, which then run outside the harness all the way up to underneath the instruments.
I'll go and see if I can trace where the pink wire comes from...
Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
65 Posts
if its the same as my tlr i think the pink wire mod is a soft rev limiter and cutting the wire gives you an extra 500 revs to play with, it wont make any more power but the extra revs are handy on trackdays

·
Registered
426 Posts
shoozpup said:
The pink wire has been cut about an inch away from the ecu. A wire has been joined onto each of the cut ends, which then run outside the harness all the way up to underneath the instruments.
I'll go and see if I can trace where the pink wire comes from...
Cheers,
Dan
If its comming out of the ECU then its the TPS mod.

·
Registered
426 Posts
tornado said:
the tps mod?

cutting the pink wire from the ecu gives you extra revs as eggy mentioned.
Woops i ment TRE mod.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
If the rpm change at idle it'll be a TRE.

(I thought the rev limit was brown :dunno, haven't looked it up - but seeing as he has an S, there is no rev limit mod))

1 - 11 of 11 Posts