29,854 Posts
Lion
Monkey
Bambi & Friends

(Good luck :thumbup)

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I would suggest a little photoshop touchup before you submit them. No big stuff, just adjustments to brightness, contrast, color, etc.

Here's a quick and dirty example. Original vs Brightness and Contrast adjusted

Of course, that's not really my thing with photoshop. I'm more into having fun with photoshop than doing really creative stuff.

but you wanted us to vote, so I voted for the pic you got of the "Ugly" lemur! :rotfl

·
14,150 Posts
Oh, and composition wise, I think the Zebra one is the best IMHO. It could really benefit from some touchup and it'd really pop!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
:laugh @ Jasen, could have insulted the monkey instead though. Josh, lucky there were no rear end shots of anything posted.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:laugh

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys! I am planning on touching up all of the photos for contrast, etc. I just wanted to know which pics people thought were the best in order to focus on those three. Thanks for the comments; keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
lion, zebra, deer-like things

oh and :lol :laugh @ jasen

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:laugh

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I love the action of the monkey, and the aloofness of the lion :)

I love the composition of the Zebra, and though I've voted for that one down, think the deer-like things is the best in terms of first-time quality (focus, colour, etc.,).

The lemur would be great (with or without Josh-head :laugh) but seems "out of focus" so drops off my list too

Good Luck :pirate

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Very nice pictures! All of them need a little bit more contrast and some unsharp mask.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Moderator,
8,217 Posts
The deer-like thingies :laugh need to have the legs removed from their heads.

The zoo is one of my favorite places to go take pictures. Fortunately there are no longer have any of the Jasen monkeys at the Cleveland Zoo.:lol I suspect that if the Humane Society sees that picture Jasen may be up on cruelty to animals charges.:dowhat

·
14,150 Posts
Those are Josh Monkeys, not Jasen Monkeys. :rotfl

·
Moderator,
8,217 Posts
:doh I reckon that shows how much attention I was paying, eh? Anyhow, that will probably just make the charges even more serious.:laugh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts