TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went out this morning after finally gettin the correct oil filter and changing the oil late last night. when i arrived at the TLR i noticed a small puddle of coolant on the floor right under the left side

so i took the battery out and battery box off to give myself a better view and could follow it as far as you see here

click for bigguns
not sure if its leaking right from the spot you see the green drop hanging but thats as far as i could see.....i have never had the bike in sooo many pieces :banghead
thanks guys
ryan

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
One of the hoses from thermastat to cylinders.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:stupid +1

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mine was leaking at one time and it ended up being the upper radiator hose. It was loose but the fluid was running down the radiator making look like it was leaking else where. I tightened the clamps and haven't had an issue yet.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now i gotta figure out how to jam my big ass hands in there to tighten stuff up if thats the case

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If its the hoses at the thermastat, you will have to take the fuel rail off to get to it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i got my hands in there and was able to access some of the coolant hoses there were 3 that i could reach with a long screw driver and all three i got a few good turns, some seemed awfully loose, tonight im gonna run her and see if she is still leaking.....

G

·
The hose that was leaking on mine was the large supply house from the radiator to the thermostat. I was able to get at it with a screwdriver too. Couple of turns and the leak went away.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah it was a few GOOD turns too, seems like it is nice and tight now, now all i have to do is get an o-ring for generator cover and my leaks should be good for now.....knock on wood!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damnit chuck the guy thats cuttin it hasnt called me arghhhhhhhh and my hack saw doenst cut very straight

1 - 14 of 14 Posts