TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the GSXR down to the Island for a GSXR only ride day. It wasn't too bad and better than what I thought it would be like. Didn't get passed by an R1 all day.

I bought a picture home.

Did some damage to the TLZ "pucks around the world". Now they've tasted PI as well as Doug's Track in Texas.

Suzuki Aus were there in force. Phil Tainton and crew too.

Triple Australian Superbike Champion Shawn Giles had several bikes to choose from - a flat bed truck load of them.

Daryl Beattie ex Team Suzuki 500cc GP racer was there doing laps too. (The Sun doesn't shine on him like it does to Gilesy)

Those guys were wandering around most of the day and if you had any questions etc, they'd answer them.

Turned the exhaust a pretty blue :)

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Triple Australian Superbike Champion Shawn Giles had the spirit of the Lord come down upon him too by the looks of that picture :laugh

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Beattie was looking very casual there. Would've been fun to have pottered around with those guys. Again the island seemed to have turned it on for the day.

My plans for track days are going to get very real once the old tax return comes in and I can afford some leathers.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately to potter around with those guys while they're having fun, I'd only need to find at least 15 seconds or so :laugh They'd come around me like I was standing still.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Steve TLS said:
Unfortunately to potter around with those guys while they're having fun, I'd only need to find at least 15 seconds or so :laugh They'd come around me like I was standing still.

Hehe but you could always beat them at such things as getting to the loo or making cups of hot '< insert warm beverage of your choice available>'.
But that could look a tad odd :dowhat

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Nice work Steve! Where to next with the puckers?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
:drool

Sounds like I gotta get me in on one of them days. :devious

I'd happily have them pass me like I was standing still all day ... unfortuntely everyone does that!? :confused :lol

BTW when are you retiring those [insert offensive word] leathers? :dowhat

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
OldTLSDoug said:
Nice work Steve! Where to next with the puckers?
I'm doing a track day at Mallala in about 2 weeks, if you wanna send them my way Steve? :)

I'm using the opportunity to set up the GSXR. But if I'm not right by the end of the day to drag my knee, I've got a handful of friends there who will happily contribute to the puckers.

:)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ruby said:
But if I'm not right by the end of the day to drag my knee, I've got a handful of friends there who will happily contribute to the puckers.

:)
:rolleyes Send you the "TLZ pucks around the world" for you to give to someone who's not a member to slide? That's not right. :doh

I'll send them over if you will slide them. Use this thread. http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74606

W

·
0 Posts
nice pics steve :)

how was the mojo? or maybe you don't need a mojo when on a gixxer 1000? ;)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wreckah said:
how was the mojo? or maybe you don't need a mojo when on a gixxer 1000? ;)
Don't need any mojo for it :laugh It's easy to ride the bike fast. (It's easy to frustrate 750 & 600 riders too :laugh) Next time I'll push it a bit, this time I only planned on getting a feel for the bike.

I have to learn to relax on it though, I got tired pretty quickly and had arm pump and lost a lot of strength. I'm chocking the grips a lot more than I did on the TLS. It sort of accelerates a bit quicker than what I was used to with 40 extra HP and 18 kg less weight, also means braking is a lot harder too.

(Oh yeah, I'm trying to give up smoking. Did the whole day without one, that was a bit of a battle too. 9 days without one now..)

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Giving up the fags? :thumbup

W

·
0 Posts
Steve TLS said:
I have to learn to relax on it though, I got tired pretty quickly and had arm pump and lost a lot of strength. I'm chocking the grips a lot more than I did on the TLS.
yeah, i can understand that! if you don't have a lot of seat-time, it's very hard to keep going all day; and with a beast like the gixxer1000 it must be really hard :) with the TLS i used to manage for 3 sessions, and then it was all downhill from there :)

Steve TLS said:
(Oh yeah, I'm trying to give up smoking. Did the whole day without one, that was a bit of a battle too. 9 days without one now..)
that's why you posted that silly cracker thread a few days ago :laugh :laugh

good on ya anyway :thumbup why are you stopping?

you must be really angry and grumpy right now, i remember when i stopped i was not the friendliest man on the planet in the first 2-3 weeks... :laugh i started smoking again though, feel alot better again :devious mmmm coffee and sigs in the morning, mmmm, beer and sigs in the evening....i'm not helping here, am i? :laugh sorry :blush

if it's any conselation (sp?), it gets really better after these first 3 weeks, you only get the urge from time to time (say once a month or so), so it's quite easy to cope with it :)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wreckah said:
good on ya anyway :thumbup why are you stopping?
It's killing me? Been smoking too much for too long, time to stop. I'm on patches though, so I'm still getting my nicotine. Not so grumpy. I miss my morning, lunch and after dinner smokes though. Another day down :thumbup

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Good luck giving up the ciggys Steve. I enjoy them too much to give up :D Tho i don't let my son see me smoke. He will be 8 in December and has never seen me with ciggys :)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not the only one? :eek Gav is 9 and has only busted me once with a smoke in my mouth. I enjoyed them too. I'm getting old and starting to feel it. Sick of coughing up crap in the morning when I get up too.

But already I can smell a smoker. Gav must have known when I had one in the garage and came back inside.

I'm going to be the worlds worst ex-smoker :laugh

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i smoke about 20 day (24hr day) and do to the gym 5-6 days a week, eat pretty healthy and have no coughing symtoms or feel it slows me down in any way. i'm sure it does but i'm happy with how i feel fitness wise etc. Do you find you have cut down drinking, because that is the time when ya wanna smoke the most :D
mmmm scotch mmmmmmm ciggy mmmmmmm scotch mmmmmmmm ciggy :D:D:D

·
Registered
887 Posts
Steve TLS said:
It's killing me? Been smoking too much for too long, time to stop. I'm on patches though, so I'm still getting my nicotine. Not so grumpy. I miss my morning, lunch and after dinner smokes though. Another day down :thumbup
Well done mate :thumbup

4 years 1 month and 3 days smoke free for me :)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mattbl said:
Well done mate :thumbup

4 years 1 month and 3 days smoke free for me :)
Who's counting? I reckon I'll be doing that too. :laugh (It stunts your growth you know Quack quack :))

tl1kr said:
i smoke about 20 day (24hr day) and do to the gym 5-6 days a week, eat pretty healthy and have no coughing symtoms or feel it slows me down in any way. i'm sure it does but i'm happy with how i feel fitness wise etc. Do you find you have cut down drinking, because that is the time when ya wanna smoke the most :D
mmmm scotch mmmmmmm ciggy mmmmmmm scotch mmmmmmmm ciggy :D:D:D
20 / 25 a day for me for 24 years. Always been Winfield Red :yumyum I don't train, I'm over weight and drink too much. I went to the Isle of Wight for dinner before the trackday but that was with non smokers so it wasn't a problem. Had a few scotches there, then a few cans back in the room, it was ok. I've had a few cans at home without a drama, but I'm going to the local pub for dinner this Saturday with a group of friends, I'll see how I battle then, but with the patches there is no craving, I simply miss the habit.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You gotta try and keep your hands busy -
maybe a drink in each hand but that could get messy:laugh :laugh

1 - 20 of 38 Posts