TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sort of lap time do you guys do on a TL. What group do you book for at track days Fast fast or slow

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I usually hang around 2.00 to 2.02 and go in the med/slow group. There are four groups slow, med/slow, med/fast, fast and you see guys on TL's in all
groups, depending on ability, if your too quick or too slow they will "bump"
you up or down if they have room in groups.
I have found a lot of things influence lap times, but they often affect the whole group eg high wind or cold track:O , hope this helps, Gary:)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Matt I can just crack the 2 minute mark and used to ride in the faster B group, but the last few times I've ran in the slower B and enjoy it a bit more becuse I like to do the overtaking rather than be overtaken.

·
Registered
397 Posts
be careful as with my experience being in the slow group can be very dangerous you would not believe some of the moves the slow group take , that being said thats the reason they are in that group, they are all fast in a straight line cornering well how does 5 into turn 1 sound & honda very scary , my last visit to the island i went out in the fast group and the guys there do give you plenty of room they show more respect to other riders around them this is again my experience . my time around the island is 1.55's which is still more the middle group, dont sell your self short if you like cornering go the middle group on your first session go out last and explore the track & build your confidence up good luck let us know how you go ... be safe.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
:stupid

I ran a 2.08 and I went in the med/slow with Steve et al and had alot of fun. A little RS250 mixing it with Busas :laugh

I wanna get out to PI again (see link above) in March with the GSXR and see what I can do with a 600 at PI.

:banana

1 - 6 of 6 Posts