TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, was just wondering how many miles you get to a tank, i have a 1997 tls with a k&n airfilter and a full aftermarket exhaust(although i dnt know which make it is as it has no markings)
When i brought the bike last week, i got about 100miles before the warning light came on, all motorway work.which is fine.
but around town(not thrashing it) i only got 60 miles till the light came on, was wondering if this was normal.

many thanks guys.:confused

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
A '97 will benefit with an updated ECU, also doing the thermostat mod that's in the frequent mods forum so the ECU actually runs the correct mapping will help with the economy.

With the standard temperature sensor location and thermostat temperature the '97 is always running a rich mixture.

125 - 150 miles should be easy to do before thinking about fuel.

(Although after logging 108 tanks, my average didtance between fill ups was 188km / 116 miles. Acouple at 250+km / 155+ miles).

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Although after logging 108 tanks
\

tut tut tut

what other things do you log?

no better you don't say :lol

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
\

tut tut tut

what other things do you log?

no better you don't say :lol
It's undocumented, but atomic clock accuarcy is determinined by when I press the full flush button. :yes

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
My '97 S with a PCII, K&N and full system averages around 105-110 miles before the flashy light panic arrives :yes

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I've filled up anywhere between 100 miles and 185 miles. Really depends a lot on bike setup, temp and how you ride it. A better means of work this out would be mpg as I'm not sure the light flashing is a good indicator (will likely vary a bit from one bike to another) and I don't really pay attention to it anyway as there's lots of fuel left when it first goes flashy.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
........... as there's lots of fuel left when it first goes flashy.

As you say Josh, there's variances bike to bike ......... I've gone from "flashy" to "pushy" in 18 miles :dowhat

I keep meaning to go out with an emergency can on the pillion and ride from flashy to run out to check again, as the 18 miler involved the bike being unused for a couple of weeks in between :confused

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
wow, I don't even go from flashy to solid in 18 miles. On mine I think I've got nearly a gallon and a half (US gal) left when it goes flashy. Typically mine goes flashy around 130 and pushy around 180+

1 - 11 of 11 Posts