TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interesetd in comments regarding the area. It seems my brother (he doesn't ride but that's his loss) has an opportunity to move there and work for a year. He would be working at a shipyard as an engineer. The parent company owns a shipyard in the states too. So, what is there to do around there? Weather? Critters? (plenty of snakes and alligators where he is already).

THanks for any comments... I'll be passing them along. Personally, I hope he goes - then I have someplace to visit next winter.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
He's at Avondale now (just guessing from the snakes and gators comment)?

BTW I don't have a clue about perth, but there are at least a couple zoners from there:)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Shame he doesn't ride. Plenty of good riding weather here all year round. Henderson is more of an industrial type area right on the coast. Not really all that much there. WA is relatively quiet compared to most places. There are some attractions over here, but nothing really worth raving about. We don't suffer from many pests at all. Some snakes through summer, but that would be about it.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's at Avondale now (just guessing from the snakes and gators comment)?

BTW I don't have a clue about perth, but there are at least a couple zoners from there:)
:no He used to work there (security clearances all around) but left for a smaller yard nearer to Mobile. Now he has another company knocking on his door ready to ship him down under for a bit.

BTW, how is the sailing down there? No 20 ft. salties lurking around? :laugh And given Henderson is a bit industrial (like most shipyard locations) are there nice places to live within a reasonable drive?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Cool:)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Im from down the bush about 250ks away from Perth and i believe Henderson is fairly industrial area like T.hell advised with ship building yards,boat building and the like.
The weather is just great prety much all year round,bit hot in summer.
Fremantle is just up the track with plenty of eye candy this time of year ,the city is very cosmopoliten (spelling?) like, plenty of seafood and coffee.
as for critters,yep snakes,lizards,goannas and then ther's Kangaroos,foxes,pigs,goats,rabbits to name a few

·
Registered
735 Posts
BTW, how is the sailing down there? No 20 ft. salties lurking around? :laugh And given Henderson is a bit industrial (like most shipyard locations) are there nice places to live within a reasonable drive?
Plenty of places. Pretty well everything south of the Swan river is accessible within 1/2 hour drive and some of the northern suburbs too. As Spud said, Fremantle is 5/10 minutes away.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks :thumbup It's looking like he will take the job. Hope so, because a visit might be in the cards.

·
Registered
125 Posts
He won't regret it,mate.
Perth is a beautiful part of the world,especially this time of year.Great quality of life here and very casual and laid back.Get him over here!!!:)

·
Registered
303 Posts
if he go's to perth he won't go back it a great place to live.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts