TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I just talked to Jim Lindemann, he's making another 20 links for the TLR/Penske shock setup. He needs a few more orders before he can start the process.

Price is $995
Includes everything, plug & play basically.
Production and deilvery time is 10-14 days.

Penske is THE top of the line solution as far as adjustability and performance goes in the shock arena, this setup is far superior to the stock shock.

Call him at (408) 371-6151 or [email protected].

(I am not affiliated with him in any way, I just thought I'd let the 'zone know)

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
damn, how come kewl stuff like this happens when I DON'T have an extra grand lieing around.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Jim Lindemann is a very cool guy & from my understanding having talked to him over the years he is not about to give up on the TLR/TLS. But he won't do a production run & let stuff lay around & end up taking a hit without knowing for sure that there are a group of people definitely interested in doing it. Very open minded & willing to work with people if you ask me.

He's definitely unlike that guy I knew who did the underseat exhaust for my GSXR1000 back in 2001. He already had the plans ready & used my 97' TLS as a model to get an underseat exhaust going for that bike. When he heard that Suzuki decided to drop the TLS, Paul T. dropped the project despite my pleas (& those from members of the original TL Owner's email list) for the project to go forward. There definitely was demand for it back then & Paul had at least 10 commitments "sight unseen" which to me was a very good sign. But he just ignored it & worked on an Aprilia Mile based monster bike project that never went anywhere.

Keep the communication lines open & be honest with Jim & he will not let you down.
-

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Ride height

How about getting the official version of the ride height, from him.
I've seen so many different things on here about it. If you leave the stock spacer, you are about 10mm higher? One person wrote that he told them to raise the front end, if that is true, how much?
Would be nice to know.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Call him & ask! Unless he is super busy he will take the time to take a call & look up the answer for you. The racing season is winding down & I think his shop isn't as super busy as it was just a couple of months ago. A couple of years ago he said he did like taking email questions during the racing season as he could stay focused on the work in front of him & answer the email questions when he took breaks. IMHO Jim is one of the most approachable people in the paddock & he doesn't lie even if it means he would make a bigger profit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts