TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking on a new phone.

i been looking at the pda/smart phones for a while (NOKIA :confused im not keen on just never liked them)
ive only had basic mobiles motorolla & samsung latest one is a SAMSUNG SGH-A501 very basic to whats out now.

i'm really keen on the HTC but what model :confused :O
i do like the touch diamond , touch pro , touch hd
or the new
Samsung i8510 INNOV8 Quadband 3G WIFI 16GB Phone

its not for buisness just play - yahoo messenger , gps , blu tooth , music , dvd , cam/camera , phone , tlzone like i said a play toy :)

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
I've got an O2. pda . windows operating system
1gig ram 2gig in the slot and very useable. no keypad just stylus. bluetooth , camera,wireless.etc.
costs 25$ a month over my $50 plan

the HTC is made in the same factory but the memory specs were much lower.

try cnet.com and read the owner user reviews not the one the makers put out.

Had a jasjam for 4 weeks and returned it , absolute crap should have gone to cnet first.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
G1? Wait until they drop / get more popular. Open source :yumyum

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I 2nd the iphone. I've got the first gen, love it :hail

especially when you jailbreak it, theres so much more cool stuff you can do - NES roms, etc :devious

·
Registered
256 Posts
I went HTC Kaiser (TYTN 2) after thinking about Iphone

Fantastic bit of kit. Built in HSDPA, Bluetooth, Wifi, GPS, Camera and so on. Beats the Ipharce to the ground with a sharp kick. The only thing the Iphone has over all phones is a pretty interface. The Kaiser has a built in keyboard that slides out from underneath too.
Go try one out in a phone shop, Im sure you will be just as impressed as i was. It can play music like Iphone too and video etc but you aint tied to using itunes or using only the stuff you bought from them.

:D

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
A guy at workhas an iphone, and that is one sexy bit of kit ........ but the Blackberry Storm looks really nice :hail

I have a Blackberry 8310 which works for me (and for work as they provide it :devious:laugh:laugh ), but not being 3G is a major drawback :banghead

·
Registered
963 Posts
i 2nd g1, i got one more apps then iphone

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input guys :thumbup

i have just spent 4hrs reading & looking on the net & its down to the 2 HTC's i listed here & listed as choice pref.

HTC T-mobile G1 ( the google ANDROID op system sounds good & the band mode)
HTC touch diamond (at first sight the look/style)

compare:
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/htc-touch-diamond-sprint/4540-6452_7-33238694-4.html?tag=rnav

Iphone users: "i gave away jailbroke iphone for this" ( i love the main screen display but HTC's android will allow me to customize)
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones...7-33283585-2.html?tag=userReviews;summaryList

·
Registered
471 Posts
RIM Blackberry Bold. It has an expansion slot so it can always take on more infor than the IPhone. It also runs it's own proprietary software, not Windows, so battery life is much better. And it's the newest Blackberry. Wi-Fi, GPS, all that stuff.

GOt mine on 11/4, and it's the best phone I have EVER had so far. That says alot for over 50 phones in the past 17 or so years.....

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
got a customer with an Iphone ..........hates it , he a blackberry man.

I've had 2 O2's and loved them

had a jasjam and hated it .

personally I think you have to use the phone for about a fortnight to really decide if it is for you.

Which is damn near impossible with a pda phone cos no-one will have one on the shelf even for you to play with, they all have toy look alikes.

If you can swing it get a loan of the one you are interested in. even get the shop to agree to take it back if you hate it after buying it.

Its such a personal choice, not only the specs but the way it actually works, and don't be surprised if you have to reboot it once a week to keep it healthy.

But pay attention to the amount of onboard memory cos that indicates how many programs you can load and run.

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
i'd still take the iphone for the fit and finish. HTC's look great, but that's still microsoft on the inside. Lot's of issues with reliability there. Here's an interesting fact, more people who work for Microsoft have iphones than windows mobile phones.

-:banana

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
got a customer with an Iphone ..........hates it , he a blackberry man.

I've had 2 O2's and loved them

had a jasjam and hated it .

personally I think you have to use the phone for about a fortnight to really decide if it is for you.

Which is damn near impossible with a pda phone cos no-one will have one on the shelf even for you to play with, they all have toy look alikes.

If you can swing it get a loan of the one you are interested in. even get the shop to agree to take it back if you hate it after buying it.

Its such a personal choice, not only the specs but the way it actually works, and don't be surprised if you have to reboot it once a week to keep it healthy.

But pay attention to the amount of onboard memory cos that indicates how many programs you can load and run.

both are good points there i'll keep it in mind when i see them :thumbup

HTC - G1 ( * Installed RAM 192 MB * Installed ROM 256 MB)
FULL SPECS: http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones...-6452_7-33283585.html?tag=contentBody;compare

HTC - DIAMOND TOUCH PRO sprint (* Installed RAM 288 MB * Installed ROM 512 MB)
FULL SPECS: http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones...-6452_7-33248637.html?tag=contentBody;compare

i'd still take the iphone for the fit and finish. HTC's look great, but that's still microsoft on the inside. Lot's of issues with reliability there. Here's an interesting fact, more people who work for Microsoft have iphones than windows mobile phones.

Yeah, nothing better than an Apple OS :rolleyes :laugh

:laugh

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Hey don't start me on PalmOS :rant ****ing graffiti_2.0 ... I wish I'd kept my buddies WinCE PDA ... despite the unfortunately named OS :laugh

I like the idea of having a PDA built into a phone - cuts down all the gadgets you gotta carry. I like the idea even more of having PDA, MP3 players, GPS and phone all built into one unit too - just don't like the price :laugh for $50 I'll stick with my crap cellular with Nintendo ringtones thanks :D

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
i know you're trolling, but i probably have to reboot my iPhone once a week to clear the gremlins, whereas most of the windows mobile folks i know have to do this on a daily (if not twice a day) basis.

In four or five months now, I think I've only had to take the battery out and re-start my Blackberry once :confused

1 - 20 of 25 Posts