TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the winter I will be getting a PCIIIUSB for my tls. Dynojets website says that there is no ignition module available for the tls/tlr. In speaking with Ivan @ Rockland County Performance a week or so ago, he implied that it was available and a good thing to use if I could afford it. Ivan will be tuning the bike come spring time. If the module is available, has anyone got any experience with and without? Just wondering if anyone thought it was/wasn't worth the extra $300.

Thanks. Regards, Jake :)

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
and what about being able to write a seperate map for each cylinder, for the injection? I thought I saw someone mention that it was some kind of upgrade that you needed to send it back to dynojet for. Anyone know about that?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and what about being able to write a seperate map for each cylinder, for the injection? I thought I saw someone mention that it was some kind of upgrade that you needed to send it back to dynojet for. Anyone know about that?
I've read that on this site as well........ :dowhat

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The PCII allows you to fiddle with the ignition maps, but there's no real power to be gained, even on a highly modded motor according to Art (and he would know:hail).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Currently my '99 TLS has a custom made exhaust, yosh box adjustments made w/o a dyno, an IVANS tre, and runs like ass. It was this way when I bought it and needs to have the FI straightened out or I will NOT enjoy riding it. Prior to the tuning I will:

-Install new plugs and wires
-Install new air filter(haven't decided what brand yet)
-Change all fluids and filters
-New chain and sprockets
-Send fuel injectors out to http://www.witchhunter.com/ for servicing
-Get exhaust, less cans, Jet-Hot coated inside and out
-etc....

I've been riding for a long time but this is my first fuel injected bike so thars a lot to learn............... Thanks. Regards, Jake

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yep, I'm sure it needs some major FI tuning and such. You should also set the TPS and ballance the TB's before having your custom map done.

I like the Uni Airfilter myself:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I'm sure it needs some major FI tuning and such. You should also set the TPS and ballance the TB's before having your custom map done.

I like the Uni Airfilter myself:)
Thanks man! That's the kind of advice I'm looking for. Regards, Jake :cheers

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...careful with the Jett Hott coating, the last member here to post up and send them a brand new full Yosh system had lots of problems and it took them a few months to make good on the system they ruined... it sounds like they are starting to have QC issues...

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
I just put a PCIII and ignition module on my new FZ-1. The mapping on the module is similar to the PCIII In fact, the ignition map is attached to the Fuel map for the PCIII. You put in values for the various RPMs and throttle openings in a table, just like the PCIII.

The ignition map I got from Ivan for the FZ has about 5 degrees of advance at light throttle openings, tapering off to 3 degrees and then to 0 (no change from stock) as the throttle gets opened toward 60% or more and rpm raised.

I think the stock timing is pretty optimized at WOT and high rpm, which explains why the ignition module makes little difference on WOT dyno runs. On the other hand, the advance provided by the module definitely makes the bike crisper at part throttle. This is worthwhile, as how often and for how long (even at a track day) do you hold the throttle wide open on a 1,000cc sport bike?

The new PCIII and module are very rugged by the way. The rear cover is removable and of course I had to take a look. It is all sealed in epoxy. I think it could be left underwater and it would still operate :) The USB interface rocks too. Sending and getting maps is as easy as using a USB flash drive. It just works, instantly.

By the way, modded with the PCIII and ignition module, my FZ is a completely different bike. It went from rather tame below 8,000 rpm to strong there and from strong above 8,000 to stupid powerful. All this and I have not even received the Akra full system to put on it yet. I like it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the ign. module work well on your bike? I have an '03 SV1000S and have not been able to get my bike to run well with the module hooked up.
It misfires an stalls even with the zero map. But runs great with the stock ign. wiring in place. I have heard some bikes have a weak crank sensor? Anyone know anything about this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts