TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was just looking around in the file vault to find a map for the PCIII I just installed.

I found the maps there, but I have no idea what mods they are built around.

My set up: Full Yosh, K&N, Air box mod, Pair valve removed, TRE.

Does anyone have a map for that set-up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Sure do.
Flick me an email address and I'll send it to you
Make sure your ECU is zeroed first (no Yosh box changes)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Watch out.It's on the way

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Cheers mate :cheers

I got it, I'll get it in and let you know how she runs!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Yay :thumbup

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uploaded. Time to go rip it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That made it a new bike! I should have done that years ago! Man that thing pulls so smooth now!

Thanks ITSMESTEVE!!!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
No worries mate.
Thanks for getting back with the result.
You'd be surprised how few people do...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya know, I was going to take it to a local shop to put it on the dyno for a custom map, but I'm really seeing no reason at all to do that now.

You mentioned you thought that map was just a tad rich, what makes you say that?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
It used to use a bit of fuel.
Also was known to blat a bit of black smoke when I nailed it,but I think that was largely down to the accelerator pump function.

I've been slowly writing my own map to go with the CBR injectors and it is using significantly less fuel.
No good for you with the stock injectors though

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha, I'll have to see how my fuel usage compares to "before". I would imagine I was running pretty lean before the re-mapping though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are those maps for an R or S? My pcIII is on way and not sure I need a dyno run. Only mods are air filter, tre and microns. I also have a single side full yoshi system. 97s here. Thanks for any help....

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
For an R
Someone should have a nice S map for you
Have you had any luck with the maps from the Powercommander site?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys, hope evryone had a good new year.

Question.................I just installed pciii Usb and im not sure whats a good way to alter the maps. I have a full yoshi exhaust and air box mod. i looked at some of the maps on pc website but cant find one for the set up. I used one for bolt ons and the box mod and it spins the wheel in every gear. I aint trying to kill my tire or just dump fuel all the time. I could really use some instruction and some different maps to try.
Thanks in advance

Robert

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Hey guys, hope evryone had a good new year.

Question.................I just installed pciii Usb and im not sure whats a good way to alter the maps. I have a full yoshi exhaust and air box mod. i looked at some of the maps on pc website but cant find one for the set up. I used one for bolt ons and the box mod and it spins the wheel in every gear. I aint trying to kill my tire or just dump fuel all the time. I could really use some instruction and some different maps to try.
Thanks in advance

Robert
Robert,

I don't have a PC3, but am going to install a similar product this year. Those maps are probably a good starting point, but since your bike is heavily modified (plus you are breathing such thin air out there), you will probably benefit from a full dyno tuned custom map. Going too lean is bad for your engine and with your thin air, you really will benefit from a custom map rather than a seat of your pants tune. Hope all is well. Happy New Year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rxf610,
Right on for the reply. I do have dyno time reserved all ready but i would still like to learn all i can bout this twin and wat makes it. I was the same when i went to school for automotive tech but those rules seem not to apply quite the same. Im either really spinnin that tire or just lazy thru the cycles. Im really thinkin bout addin oh2s. Thoughts? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Rxf610,
Right on for the reply. I do have dyno time reserved all ready but i would still like to learn all i can bout this twin and wat makes it. I was the same when i went to school for automotive tech but those rules seem not to apply quite the same. Im either really spinnin that tire or just lazy thru the cycles. Im really thinkin bout addin oh2s. Thoughts? Thanks again
If you can gather and decipher O2 info then that is about to as close to the source as you are likely to get. I am really interested in tuning my bike as well so I'll share any info I gain. I have an S but an R motor. It might be ingesting to use your map as my high altitude map as you gain insight. I am currently researching adding an O2 sensor to a microcontroller. Like I said, I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
66 Posts
So i just installed the Gi Pro ATRE and I have a PCIII going on in the next few days. I have not open the airbox on the bike yet as i have not had it that long so i do not know if it has any mods. I do however have a full D&D Show and go exhaust on it and there is not a map for that on the power commander web site. Any one have any maps for that?

Full D&D, ATRE are the only mods done to the bike that i know of.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts