TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I recently purchased this '03 with several mods (see sig) and I love it:thumbup I have put ~1k miles on it so far, and I only have a couple complaints: definitely need a 1-5 throttle insert this winter and it seems like the fuel injection could use a tune-up. It occasionally dies coming off idle and also sometimes back fires after coasting with the clutch in. I contacted a local shop with a dyno asking how much a dyno tune would be. When I told them it has a PCII, they recommended I get a PCIII to solve the problem. It is actually a custom chopper shop, but I know they do sport bike work too. I doubt they have much TL-specific experience though, so I thought I would post up here before I drop some $$$ that may/may not be necessary. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
HI,:bigfinger welcome to the site. Nice looking tiller you got there. There are lots of mods you can do, check out the frequent mod section. As for the p/c i have the p/c 11 fitted with a custom map and runs clean. If you are going to buy one though i would get the p/c 111 as they map at every 250rpms and also except more add ons eg. quickshifters etc. Make sure you get a custom map and if you do the airbox mod mention it to the operator to run it a little rich at top end to assist the ram air affect. Try setting the TPS and balancing the throttle bodies this makes a big differance in running. Don't forget the basics such as clean air filter and plugs. All this can be found on the search section. Good luck:thumbup :bwtiller

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think it would be great to go with the pcIII for the added features, but I don't think it should be the solution to those problems you mentioned. It shouldn't do that with a pcII or even just plain stock. It would be totally pointless in my opinion to spend all that cheddar and put a bad-ass pcIII on something that ain't running right. Do those simple maintenance items mentioned and you'll have a sweet running tiller with a pcII. THEN decide if you want the extra features of a pcIII. If you're like me and you're satisfied with the pcII then you've saved some serious dough that you can spend on other goodies. :devious

edit: WELCOME!!! :bigfinger

·
Registered
935 Posts
In my opinion it would be a waste of money to buy a PCIII if there is already a PCII mounted.

As for what I know the performance gains are the same..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Exhaust leak somewhere. Thats your backfire. Adjust your Idle, TPS and balance the TB's. Its all easy to do. Especially with all the recources and videos out there. It does make a difference. +1 for spark plugs and Dirty Air Filter.
Good luck man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts