TLZone Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you folks think a PC3 would be able to tune an original 97 ECU ? My Teclusion TFI does an ok job but I have it tuned way rich on the bottom end to get rid of the surging/stumble at 3500 rpm which it does but at the cost of poor gas mileage and probably a little bottom end snap .Anybody on this site have experience with the original Ecu and a pc3?Would it be capable of actually leaning out parts of the Stock fuel mapping?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
It doesn't tune the ECU, it modifies the signal coming from the ECU IIRC. Otherwise, yes - if you fiddle enough you'll sort it out.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The general consensus is that the original ECU is way too rich ,being on the cold setting what with my temp sensor in the wrong place .However , when I did the airbox mod and Full yosh it was way too lean with the pipes running white hot using the stock(original ) ECU. So I had to add the TFI to richen it up.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
The Teka, Yosh-box (and derivatives like the JoE & Mac-boxes) all change the map within the ECU - like overwriting a file on your computer. The PC takes the output from the ECU then messes with it & send that to the injectors etc. I forget the details but the way the PCII & the III work are slightly different. However the end effect is the same.

So if you get a PC you'll have to write a zero-ed map to the ECU THEN fiddle with the PC map or it'll run like poo-poo's ... I know, I've done it :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts