TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was zipping along this NICE long 80mph sweeper leaned over real good and BAM! stalled.:confused FI light Then I basicly bump started it at 80 mid corner!:banghead Which it did then stalled again, then I pulled in the clutch and it died. Well the chassis didn't like that abrupt transition of no power then power to nothing again LET ME TELL YOU!:rant Thought I was gunna chuck it right down the road.:banghead Of course this all happened in about 1 and a half seconds.
I pulled over turned off ignition, pulled off the seat(green LED on PC2 not there prior to ignition shut off) and proceded to slam it off my sub frame for a couple of minites. Hey, it made me fell better.:) Turned the ignition back on and tadaa! little green light comes on and bike runs fine(for now)
Not the first time it has happened, each time I gave it a little love tap and shes back in business.:O WTF!!!!
And when it doesn't work(green LED is off) I get the dealer code for TPS. I put in a new TPS and it is adjusted properly. :O
Oh and this is my 2nd one Dynojet still has my first PC2 cus of the same problem. They said it tested fine must be my bike.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Weird. Te PCII doesn't have any moving parts I know of. I wonder what banging it around does:O Perhaps you've a cracked circut board inside or something.

I guess either your really unlucky or there's something about your setup that the PCII doesn't like. I suspect it wouldn't like getting very hot or being mounted directly to the frame or subframe or getting wet...I think its also really picky about having a good cam or crank signal (don't remember which). Whatever the case, you might want to go with a yosh box flash and give up on the PCII thing. Don't get me wrong, I like PCII's and mine has done me well for the past 45k miles, but it just doesn't seem to be working out for you.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
....Teka...(ditch your PCII troubles and get one of these - works with all zuki's:yes)

·
Registered
782 Posts
there is maybe a relay getting stuck, i know that is how we fix some of the gyros (that aren't otherwise bad but are stuck) for some f18 action

·
Registered
116 Posts
Right you are Maynard on the "angel" gear chassis reaction. So scarey as you try to manage the engaging and disengaging of the stalled motor. Ethereal chassis feel without drive in the sweepers ...like a wispering death as you battle the chassis in the errie silence...know exactly what your talking about. Well done to get it to stop before going down the road.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It happened again today. I just went out and turned the bike on(cold) and imidietly got the FI light before even trying to start it.
Took off the seat, gave the PC a little flick of the finger(I swear just a flick this time):laugh green light comes back on and it ran great, put about 40 fast, bumpy miles on it. Has to be a loose conection somewhere inside. I'm glad it's not my bikes wirering. I knew it wasn't.:rant
The thing is sometimes I loose it at stoplights when the bike is at a standstill? No bumps.:O

·
Registered
782 Posts
opened wire or relay..probably the latter if it happens without moving...unless the pc is moving a bit when you tilt the bike at stops, in which case probably the former you can test it be jiggling the cable while the bike is on to see if it happens that way (or use an ohm meter). don't know really what's inside, just know it helps with power. could also be something else.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
instead of tapping the pc next time try tripping it into dealer mode when it stalls and see what comes up if anything. It sounds like a possible bad TO sensor, and tapping the bike/PC is letting it slide down again. I had one with a broke connection once and it acted like a clutch issue, and a fouled plug, had to wait for it to act up before I got a code.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I put it in dealer mode I get a TPS code. I put in a new one, adjusted it properly and all connenction pins are clean and tight.
Runs like a champ with no PC. I give the PC a tap, it wakes up and I'm good to go intill it eats itself again.:O
The last time it screwed up I just walked up to the bike (cold and still on the kickstand) and turned the ignition on and imeditetly got the FI light and TPS code. The bike didn't move a milimeter! Just the KEY.
Think its worth getting a PC3? :O I love how the PC works but after going thru 2 of them I'm kinda tired of investing so much time and money in them.:banghead :rant

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...+1 no more PC troubles...
bx-459 said:
....Teka...(ditch your PCII troubles and get one of these - works with all zuki's:yes)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts