TLZone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my bike on a Dyno today but when we went to program the PC nothing would happen when we held down all three buttons. Has anyone else had this problem or am I doing something wrong? We tried with key on ,off, etc. but no luck.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
If you have the bike on a dyno, hook it up to a computer/laptop with the DynoJet software and tune it that way.

:O

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have the bike on a dyno, hook it up to a computer/laptop with the DynoJet software and tune it that way.

:O
I thought you only did that to change the map, the map is good , just trying to fine tune it. I'm certainly no expert and the guy with the dyno is pretty new to it, he claims this is how he always adjusts others.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I would think manipulating the map through the computer would do much more "fine tuning" than playing with the low-mid-high on the PC. I've never even messed with those buttons on the PC.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
I don't know the answer as to why you couldn't adjust it via the face plate buttons, but the computer software does more fine tuning compared to button tuning.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Ha! join the club. I'm on my 3rd one.
I'll learn one of these days.:coocoo

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bike needs to be running, not just turned on? Or the PC just goes off with the pump. Thats all i can think of.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
+1:stupid...PCII gets its power from same circuit as fuel pump hence only works if fuel pump is running...newer ones have a battery adapter that will allow you to make adjustment without the bike running i also think this is particular to the TL's other bikes run power a little different...my $.02 worth

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That makes sense, when I would turn on the ignition the middle PC lights would flash then go off when the pump came on. I'll try starting the bike and see what happens. I'm pretty sure the PC works I'm just having issues programing it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
for programming it doesn't need to be on but the fuel pump does need to prime as previously mentioned - i don't think you can load the map with the bike turned over.

on a seperate note: what pins does the nine volt go to for power with the portable power source?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
it is up in the shop i will let you know ..

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
for programming it doesn't need to be on but the fuel pump does need to prime as previously mentioned - i don't think you can load the map with the bike turned over.
It needs to be on for the fuel pump to prime. :coocoo

And you can load maps with the bike running too.

Walt, fine tuning should be done via computer link to the PCII. Using the buttons is rough. I wouldn't trust this guy, take it elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Walt, fine tuning should be done via computer link to the PCII. Using the buttons is rough. I wouldn't trust this guy, take it elsewhere.
The guy who has the shop is 65 and has raced and worked on bikes most of his life. Like myself he isn't very good with computers though:banghead
Thanks to you guys I do have more knowledge than when I started. I did try everyway of turning the bike on and still had no luck with those damn buttons. I'll try hooking it up to the computer next. I did two runs on the dyno my best being 124.5hp @ 8200rpm, 79.73lb torque, 91.42mph.

·
Registered
782 Posts

by on i meant the engine turned over.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts