TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000549608

I noticed that paypal uses quite bad exchange rates converting currencies GBP ->EURO, so when doing paypal payments check the rate and you can choose to use the credit cards exchange rate.

I bet they are making a lot of money by distorting the rate always so it's more costly to the customer. little search with the google showed there is lot of talk in the net about these paypal rates.

JT

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
i use these for exchange rate info: www.xe.com but when u pay with paypal they get you anyway.
even every bank have there own i have checked on it over here :yes
ANZ , commonwelth , state bank , west pack & australian central credit union all of them were different i even argued the point & just got well that who's we go though/buy.

so there all rouges + we get hit with a $25 - $30 fee if sending money O/S bank to bank :(

for money transfers:
western union is the best i found for money transfers $25 fee & exchange is one of the best.

buying: not much choice other than direct deposit.
ebay is the safest

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
If you have enough money in your PayPal balance you can send money as a personal payment owed and the receiver will not pay fees :devious

I'm not 100% sure if this applies to over seas payments though :O

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
If you have enough money in your PayPal balance you can send money as a personal payment owed and the receiver will not pay fees :devious

I'm not 100% sure if this applies to over seas payments though :O
interesting :devious

1 - 5 of 5 Posts