TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you've all heard the storys this week about the government charging us to us by the mile to use the roads , fookin stupid idea if you ask me,
have a read on here, makes interesting reading
http://www.safespeed.org.uk/roadpricing.html

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
For once I have to agree with Clarkson on this one, by taxing per mile you are targeting those who need the car the most, think of single parents who have to do a school run then go to work, all essential mileage would be during peak times, surely taxing fuel already is a fair way of paying per mile, that coupled with road tax with the larger engined cars paying more than enviromentally kind cars

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:confused Just read the link :O now my head hurt's :banghead

Micky Miles is no more :dowhat :)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Petrol up, congestion charges up, parking tickets up, Road tax up and now pay-per-mile.

Lets face it .. If you own an engine your just a fat piggy to be milked by Blair and his nazi party.

I for one will find a way to block / break any unit fitted to my vehicle.

:hail TLR's

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
pay per mile,YES not a problem
BUT the automatic speeding fines they WILL send you when you tracked over the speed limit :no coz you have gotta believe that's what WILL happen

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Revenue neutral my arse.
When this raised its head about 18 months ago I started a thread on the planet after calculating that it would cost me approx £23K a year to get to work (all A and M roads) That was at £1.10 a mile
At the mo I pay about a tenth of that for fuel, tax etc.
I would seriously consider suing the government for restriction of trade if it was feasable.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Revenue neutral my arse.
When this raised its head about 18 months ago I started a thread on the planet after calculating that it would cost me approx £23K a year to get to work (all A and M roads) That was at £1.10 a mile
At the mo I pay about a tenth of that for fuel, tax etc.
I would seriously consider suing the government for restriction of trade if it was feasable.

:rant its another f*cking rip off, I live in the middle of nowhere so I have to travel by car there is a bus route but it doesnt start until 8am and it takes 30 -45 mins just to get to a town, I travel across the country to my office but I am out on the road aswell there is no way I could then afford to have a car as travelling to the office for a year would cost me approx £27K a year and thats not including all my off site visits I do :rant fuggin government at its best again targeting the easy option :rant :rant :rant

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Great article. Thanks for posting up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts