TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whow!

what a weekend it has been! Pappaclart and Topcat came over to visit Ghent, and we had a blast...even considering there was a major crash involved! :scared

The guys arrived on friday, and we got dinner and drinks at the local pizza place. Great fun with the lads. :)

On saturday, we went out for a ride at the local 'track' (public road, but bikers heaven on sunny days :devious), and after 5 minutes of going up and down the track, it happened: I was riding behind Topcat (luckily pappa wasn't riding bitch anymore), and we were pretty much hauling ass. I couldn't keep up, and i guess there was a perfectly good reason for that: topcat pushed it too much, and went down in a 80mph lefthander!

skidmarks

I saw the bike skidding off the road, sparks everywhere, and then it went out of sight, into the bushes, a drop of a few metres down...i stopped immediately, and went looking for 'H' (topcat's real name isn't pronounceable by earthlings like me :laugh ). My heart was pounding because i thought he'd had it for sure :dowhat

Luckily i saw H climbing out of the bushes right away (and it was a loooong climb because he made quite a long jump! :coocoo ) , and after the first shock went away, he 'only' felt some pain at his ancle...nothing broken...a miracle!

the guys 5 minutes after the crash

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The bike was nowhere to be seen, as it was lying down 30 metres further in the bushes, right besides the little lake. A fellow motard stopped, and with three guys we got the bike out of there and took a look at the damage:

the lake, missed only by a few metres

it had a broken akra pipe and header, left front fairing gone, bellypan gone, screen gone, rear subframe bent seriously, tank completely dented and left rearset gone.

after a dissappointing call with the insurance, i rang a couple of friends, and we got the bike home, to my garage, where we would fix it with parts from my racebike.

We had a great afternoon of wrenching instead of a great afternoon of racing! :laugh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we finished the bike up late at night, and went out for drinks and a nice meal (mmmmm Ghent stew :yumyum ) together with jan and mia, the couple that brought the bike back home. :thumbup

bike's finished

Topcat is 'the man' again :laugh

This morning, we went out to lunch in the local turkish pizza place, and ryan's eyes were bigger than his stomach (as usual :laugh) and he ordered a shitload of food, but didn't get to finish it all. :) After that we took a little afternoon nappie in front of the TV (motoGP), and then the guys had to get back to London.

When we started up, we had to tighthen up the oilfilter and some oily bolt because they were leaking heavily (topcat probably never noticed because of the bellypan...he did have a big oilconsumption though, so i guess we solved that mystery too now :laugh )

i dropped mister Acock :devious :laugh and H off at the highway, smoked a last cigarette, and off they went!

one last cigarette

H has officially been 'wreckahed' :laugh

All in all we had a great weekend, H is the luckiest man alive to get out of that crash unharmed, and once again i met up with two great fellas from the zone!! :thumbup

Have a safe ride home buddies! :)
cheers, Jan

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Whow. And I thought MotoGP was enough action :laugh

Greetings
Rufer

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
extra parts good on ya.

Sounds fun. We can't seem to get together locally. You guys travel a ways to ride together. :hail

Glad he's fine

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
:thumbup, Jan...

·
Registered
426 Posts
wreckah said:
haven't heard from the guys yet, hope they arrived OK in London!
Yep both arrived at my house around 10pm sunday. H all battered along with the bike which was in a bit of a state, makes my bike damage look little.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
TSM said:
Yep both arrived at my house around 10pm sunday. H all battered along with the bike which was in a bit of a state, makes my bike damage look little.
That's pretty bad... :laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
so Jan did U guys play any "soapdropping" in the shower :lol

damn H can be glad he wasent seriously injured in that crash :scared

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no Lasse :laugh we saved all our gay energy for next year, when we will come over and visit you! :devious :yumyum :bitchslap

seriously: we have plans to make a trip south-north through scotland, and then take the boat to Oslo, and then ride to you :yes :thumbup somewhere in the summer next year :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ricardo : thanks for letting me know :thumbup

didn't you notice H had gained 10 pounds over the weekend? :lol we ate sooo much :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
Bummer about the TL down. Why was Pappa previously riding bitch?

wreckah said:
i dropped mister Acock :devious :laugh and H off at the highway, smoked a last cigarette, and off they went!
You shouldn't be picking on anyone's name :laugh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
because pappa's bike is waiting for some forks and stuff :)

and you're right about the name picking :laugh :doh

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
can't believe you didn't hurt yourself, some people bounce really well, glad you got home safe,

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
wreckah said:
no Lasse :laugh we saved all our gay energy for next year, when we will come over and visit you! :devious :yumyum :bitchslap

seriously: we have plans to make a trip south-north through scotland, and then take the boat to Oslo, and then ride to you :yes :thumbup somewhere in the summer next year :)
that sounds awesom bring your swimmingshorts so we can have a poolparty :devious

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi guys,

I am lucky to be alive. Wreckah has detailed the crash. I was not exactly in a position to figure out how the hell i went down. All I knew - I was heading for the river and remebering that I am lousy swimmer. Its a shame about the bike but I will get her back on the road.

Wreckah - you are the man. As for pronouncing my name, dont worry "Its like a damn story book". Even I get confused sometime - no sweat man. I could never thank you enough for all the help you and your buddies have done. As soon as my baby is back on road, we shall do the same track again but this time you stay at the front. Seriously - You guys were great.

Pappa - You are one lucky sod to get off the bike just prior to the crash.

Lasse - Yep, we are planning on coming your way next summer. Pappa is well keen on playing soapdropping in the shower. Get ready boy

I am just sore and my anke is a lot better. Went to the docs and nothing is broken. I just cant wait to get my bike back on the road. TSM is coming around to mine this weekend and strip the bike apart to see what the damages are. TSM knows lot more about my bike than I do, as he is the one who always fix mine and Pappas bike.

To get us back to UK - most of the parts on the bike has been taken from Wreckahs' and he was kind enough to let me borrow his official Wreckah screen. I am just having second thughts about returning his rear sets. They are wicked!! Dont panic Wreckah, I will bring over next month.

Ah well, It was fun with the boys. Wreckah, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your hospitality and for everything you have done for us. As we talked about it, please do come visit us in London. Also thank you for keeping the SWEET thing out of this.

Thank you all for your support. Once I get the bike fixed, I will post the pictures. Its going to be a while but it will be well worth it. I love my TLS. She is my pride and Joy.

H

·
Registered
426 Posts
What about geting a TSM special done on your bike??

Woops youve copied my special... darn. hhaaaa

I bet that if the TL did not have that left can & also higher rearsets you would have been ok.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts