TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I posted this last night but I can't find it anywhere.

I've been painting the house. I have done the living room, kitchen, and hallway. I scored the paint eggshell (10 gallons for $140.00) Besides that dad has finished the wall cabinet enough to move my entertainment units in.

I moved the TV, surround sound, DVD, VCR, and Xbox over last night. It takes a bit of getting use to looking at the Tv from the opposite side of the room. I need to run the cat5 cable to the Xbox unit from my room and also run the wires from the rear left/right speakers to the surround sound.

I'll take pictures and post tonight.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...think of all the time your able to work on the house w/o the TL:dowhat(is that a good thing???)...

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had so much time since I got ride of that TL. If time is money the TL is the biggest waste of money I've ever seen. I've occupied my time with playing the XBOX 360 but since coming back to work I've had little desire to play it. I must have nearly a grand invested in it with games. In some respects, I think I may be done with the gaming craze as well.

Not into it as I was a month ago.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
If time is money the TL is the biggest waste of money I've ever seen.

waste :kicknuts :rant but I know what U meen

painting the house is alot of work glad U got the time for it :)

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, here's some paint shots.

Still have a bit of touch up to do and another coat on the one wall.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This weekend I get to get back on this paint craze. Monday I plan to paint the bathrooms. Christmas present for the wife. That will only leave three rooms to complete after I've done the bathrooms.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I hope you aren't using the ol roller-in-tray method.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it's slow. My threads are all slow

I'm getting to the point that it's not worth posting anymore. I post because I'm BORED.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
walls, cealings & doors: just brush on the corners & edges say 2" in then roll the rest :thumbup

what are you using water based or oil based paints?

when i was painting for a job in far north queensland - innisfail australia
water based was best to use it saves you HEAPS of rubbing back the next time when you repaint the room , window timber frames etc :thumbup

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
I used to paint too. A pro taught me how to load up a brush so I don't have to dip very often. And I use an 18" roller.

Problem is this post-divorce dump was painted inside (for fast sale by the previous owner) with cheap flat latex over dirty gloss alklyd enamel trim without rougning or priming or any prep. About a month after I moved in all the paint started to fall off by itself in places, yet couldn't be scraped off in others. I should have just replaced all the dorrs and trim. Instead I stripped and sanded, filled (with Bondo) and primed all the doors and doorways, replaced all the hinges and handles etc. Cost more for the stripper and sandpaper and sander and clean-up than the new doors woudl have cost. Still would have been worth the labor if these were nice 6-panel mahogany doors, but NOOO...these are cheap hollow luan doors. Next time I will know better.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see…well that's what I've been doing. I got some paint on the ceiling but some flat white will take care of that. This paint is

Devoe paint

Wonder Tones Eggshell

Interior Latex Enamel.

The walls were a flat white paint originally
number 13 from the top in below link
http://www.devoepaint.com/NUSDPP/productfinder/products.jsp?catid=1

An 18" roller sounds like a good idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts