TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a beaten subject, but why won't people post overseas :O (both here and e-bay) it seems especially prevalent amongst the US folks ...... but I don't understand it :confused

You have to go to the post office to post the parcel, all you have to do is write the address on the parcel give the teller the money, just the same as you would an "internal" parcel :O where is the issue :confused Get a "proof of posting" receipt and you are good to go, not really any more hassle to post is it :O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
From a US person's prespective its more risky. There are a huge number of overseas scamms and most people don't want the hassle. The us market is so huge its doubtful that not selling abroad will make any real difference in sale price. Also, most US folks won't have a clue what shipping would be and wouldn't know what to charge you......

You can always have stuff sent to my place if you need to and I'll foward it to you:)

I'm not saying that's how I'd do it, but that's how a lot of people think.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
From my perspective (and I will ship some things overseas) it is difficult to estimate what the correct charge will be, I am always short when I get to the PO and end up going out of pocket to mail the package. So to be 100% certain require several trips to the PO and many people don't want to, or have the time to do that. (remember, a 45-55 hour work week is the norm here...not 35)

...and then there is a bunch more crap to fill out also.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I always wonder the same thing when people say they don't ship overseas. :O
The more people they bid the more money they make. Even if they get one more bid, they will sell a little higher so it will be a profit for them :)

As for the risk... if they have got their money, the risk is only for the (overseas) buyer, not for the seller....

Anyway, the good thing is that you can always find a good guy to help you out in situations like these...
A few people in the Zone have helped me with some buys I;ve made in the past...
Right now, I am waiting a new Arai from a Zoner who received it for me, 'cause the seller wouldn't ship overseas.... :)
If it wasn't me it wouldn't sell at all.... We'd both lose, me for not buying a well priced lid and he would have to relist.....

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
i usualy take the package into the post office & get it weighed & priced for the particular destination then i PM/email the buyer the cost :O

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I have shipped everywhere and I haven't lost much money. A dollar or two on a used part won't break me.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts