TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there just bought myself a tl1000r and luvin it but the only problem is it feels like it`s overheating my arse and legs are gettin burnt the fans work but they dont come on till 108 0c i think thats right at 1 point it showed 113 then they came on is this a comon prob or just my bike any help would be great thanks :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hell, I can't even te;; if my fans kick on or not! I have had my bike's temp up to 231 in stop and go traffic. What I have found, is that if you keep moving, the temp stays at 180. Just keep going even if it means using the lane on the very far right or left! J/K!

·
Registered
604 Posts
use the coolant "ice" works well......also do a search for "fan mod" you can make a switch to turn the fans on when you want them on.....good luck

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
106C - 108C is around normal for the fans to kick in automatically.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yea, I would to the fan mod so you can turn on the fans when you get a little warm. Doesntt sound like you have any mechanical problems, a little heat is normal on a big V-Twin.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Steve TLS said:
106C - 108C is around normal for the fans to kick in automatically.
:stupid

That's what the bike is supposed to do, nothing wrong at all.

Many do find it more comfortable to turn the fans on earlier via manual fan switch - ET79 was selling some nice ones that fit into the throttle housing:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

cheers guys for the help think the manual switch will be getting fitted as soon as possible thanks again :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts