TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me start out by saying that I'm an idiot for not checking my equipment. Yesterday, I put my 2001 TL1000R on a battery charged set to 12 volts. What I neglected to notice was that the charger was set at 50 amps! Yes 50 amps.

Needless to say, I boiled the crap out of my battery so I purchased a new Yuasa AGM battery.

What I'm wondering is if there is anything else that could have possibly been damaged by such an overcharge. I wouldn't think that the stator or rectifier regulator would be harmed because the bike was off.

Should I look out for other problems due to this bone-headded overcharging??

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
First, let me start out by saying that I'm an idiot for not checking my equipment. Yesterday, I put my 2001 TL1000R on a battery charged set to 12 volts. What I neglected to notice was that the charger was set at 50 amps! Yes 50 amps.

Needless to say, I boiled the crap out of my battery so I purchased a new Yuasa AGM battery.

What I'm wondering is if there is anything else that could have possibly been damaged by such an overcharge. I wouldn't think that the stator or rectifier regulator would be harmed because the bike was off.

Should I look out for other problems due to this bone-headded overcharging??
Probably didn't hurt anything. The current should have been contained to the battery when off...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts