TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and in with the crazy....

After this post I spent a few weeks driving the Ranger:puke scheming on how best to reacquire two-wheeled transportation when along came one of my better former customers with a proposition :devious (not that kind!:dowhat).

Payment for the last job + deposit on the next =

I can't comment yet on the performance of the bike as I'm still under 100 miles on the odo, but I can say that I've ridden 12 or 15 different liter bikes over the last three weeks, and the new R1 is by far the most "interesting" since the TL; a prerequisite in the motorcycles I own. I'd better get the mileage up in a hurry though......I'll be at Willow Springs this weekend with the Yamaha and an MV F4 1K in some sad state of repair.

The part-out on the TLR will begin on Thursday, prepare the vultures.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Very nice looking:thumbup

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Nice bike, man..
Congrats... Ride safe.. Those things are insanely fast :banghead

I have always wanted a R1 to keep company to my TL, since 98, they introduced their first R1.
I hope I can get one someday... Especially the latest crossplane though it;s looks don't make me crazy, I want it badly for it's motor and power delivery.... :hail

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
congrats man.
I heard one last week with pipes (not sure what kind) and it was one of the best sounding bikes I've heard.

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Bummer...I thought the red one was for the last job, and the white one was for the next :laugh

Nice bikes, look much better in person. I recently got to hear one at speed with the Akrapovic exhaust. After he finally stopped, I told him that was a nice sounding bike :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'll swap you for my 2003 TLR, with less than 5,000 miles. Then you can have a "real" bike. :)

I was inches away from springing for a 2009 R1 before I happened across the TLR. It's a heck of a bike. Enjoy!

-Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts