TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my car today. :) :)

I had a VX commodore wagon, damn clean car. Went looking at trade in values & I was offered 6k max. Pissed me off a bit :rant - 6 year old car in good nick. Anyways, I advertised on Tuesday with Egay, carsguide & trading post. It sold this morning for what I wanted - 8k.:hail :hail

I had ordered a TS Territory just before xmas, and no trade, with discounts through my brother as he works for a Ford dealer, I saved nearly 13K off the new price of the car.:devious :devious

So tomorrow I am jumping a train to Newcastle & pick up my new wheels.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I know. But that Holden Captiva does nothing for me. At least the ford has some history behind it.

And at the price that I got it for, I couldnt have bought an SV6 or XR6. I was still about 6k short on the SV & the XR was about 2k short with the extras I wanted.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
how meny box's can you fit in it mate
:devious :devious :devious

that a ripper deal mate what colour

have fun on the train. i hated getting it home 3 weeks ago so slow and boring.
it tookallmost 3 times longer then it did for me to get down there on the bike :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The colour is 'Ego'...........:dowhat . A charcoal gray with silver & blue fleck. It's a TS series - upgraded from standard, and a bonus when I picked it up today - it's got premium sound which comes with the Ghia, the load levelling kit with the 2300kg Hayman Reece towbar - didnt order it, but I got it for no extra cost ($400) and the climate control air con.

That makes the car about 54k worth for a bit over 38k out the door.

Woohoo for me.:hail :hail

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how meny box's can you fit in it mate
:devious :devious :devious
boxes, well there could be 3 chicks on the back seat, one in the front makes 4, and prolly 1 or 2 in the rear section, but they wont have a seat belt, so one could sit on my lap m& the other on my fa......:confused

Ummm, thats six boxes mate.:laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
887 Posts
boxes, well there could be 3 chicks on the back seat, one in the front makes 4, and prolly 1 or 2 in the rear section, but they wont have a seat belt, so one could sit on my lap m& the other on my fa......:confused

Great
I've always wanted one of those. One day I suppose.

Look me up when its worth 8 grand:laugh
:cheers

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
How about boxes of cans then?

I like the Territory but I've heard they have poor economy :dunno (couldn't be worse than the Navara though).

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks pretty cool. I wonder why ford doesn't bring it to the states, mid-size SUV's are all the rage here (and who wants an escape?):O

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Looks pretty cool. I wonder why ford doesn't bring it to the states, mid-size SUV's are all the rage here (and who wants an escape?):O

Probably because they can't fit a 5.7+ Litre V8 in it :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
But they have a turbo version, that would keep folks happy I think:)

Ya know something weird, for the dodge trucks, their most efficent motor is the 5.7l v8, it acutally uses less fuel than their 4.7 v8 or their v6. My dad has one in his durango (uses it for work) and averages 20+ mpg (us gal). Not great, but not at all bad for such a huge motor.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
But it's still only a 4.0 V6 @ 245KW (~330HP) :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
lol, that's as much hp as fords V8 has I think. Ford uses a much less powerful 4.0l V6 in their explorers (and the optional V8 only has 290hp) and such here and it still sells well. I thought the AU truck had an I-6 though:confused

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Oops we do use an I-6 not a V.

(My Navara (Titan) is a 4.0V6 198kw - They Lie the drive by wire makes it feel strange, but it's not 198kw)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Cool, for a second I thought that perhaps it was the same as the 4.0 in the exploders, but that's a really old SOHC V6. I tried the ford au website but for whatever reason its super duper slow, more like stuck:)

Anyway, it looks like a pretty cool little truck. My inlaws are shopping for something similar and would love that thing. As it is I think they are leaning toward a used X5, but we'll see.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
WTF man, no pics? :O

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pics are coming. Hang on. Monday they will be up.

It's a straight 6, & they are a bit thirstier than the dunnydoor. It still got 11.3l/100k on the trip home. Just normal driving. If I can average that or just below 12 I will be happy.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts

you would be lucky to get one chick in your car :laugh :laugh with a head like that

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
:stupid

:lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts