TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I post this picture before, but yesterday a funny history happened to me...

I went to the local ITV (Technical Inspection Vehicle) for the two year inspection wich is mandatory in Spain for vehicles with more than 4 years. They check brakes, lights and unlegal mod made on the bike.

So I paid the tax and went to the box they told me for the inspection. A guy came took the documents of the bike....read it....them look to the bike...again the papers and finaly said.... "THIS BIKE IS FROM 98!!!!!!!.... I THOUGHT IT WAS NEW AND YOU CAME TO GET HOMOLOGATION FOR A MODIFICATION ON IT".. It was funny cos the guy can not belive the bike actually had 56000km on it...

He was so exciting with the bike and did not put atention on the stock drilled cams, or the TLR forks, or the afthermarket Ohlins or the custom made license plate and light, 6 pots calipers, Brembo 19mm radial pump, etc.... so many mods made on the bike. Finally the guy just check the brakes, lights and chassis number and let me go.

It's nice to have a TL, the time never pass for it :hail :)

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
:laugh good story..............have had the same thing...guys ask is that a new one..:dowhat ahhh no i say..its 8 years old....some just cant beleive it and say well you cant ride it much.....its done 40,000 kms :laugh

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually when the bike has more than 8 years they reduce the inspection ones a year, but the guys gave me the pass for another two years and told me if I keep the bike in this conditions they will give me the two years inspection for the rest of the bike life.... I love this bike , I have no idea what it has but... I just know that I'll keep it forever. Even if I buy a new bike I'll keep it on the garage just to mod it for fun :devious :)

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
TLexup said:
He was so exciting with the bike and did not put atention on the stock drilled cams, or the TLR forks, or the afthermarket Ohlins or the custom made license plate and light, 6 pots calipers, Brembo 19mm radial pump, etc.... so many mods made on the bike. Finally the guy just check the brakes, lights and chassis number and let me go.
Good story.
I find it very amusing when peole don't really know how old aour TLs are and even more amusing when they find how fast they can be :laugh

What's the idea of inspecting the illegal mods on a bike? We don't have anything like that here.
Are the TLR forks and Ohlins and the 6pots illegal modding?
I really doubt he could tell the difference!!!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Great story
Ive had a few people think the same.
Some old bloke was telling me he thought they were the best V - twin ever built and he was riding a 888 Ducati:O

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're rihght ... people still turning their head on the streets when I ride the TLS, actually my bike is the only one in my county so is a real extrange bike.

About the technical Inspection depending where you live is easier to pass from one city to other. On my case it's quite hard. In theory you can't modify nothing on the bike, it should be remain 100% stock. They are allowed to check noise, the phisical measurements of the bike, (long , height..) and If they want to reject the bike cos they don't like the 6 pot caliper or the aftermarket mirrors they can do it.

Also if your vehicle is rejected they keep the original papers with it and just give you two weeks to return the bike as original.... If you don't return to do the inspection on a certain tiime they keep the papers forever and the bike is just ilegal to use on the streets, also the insurance will not cover you in case of an accident.

It's a shit system. Well thats the theory , I mean they can do it but only apply it in case of a big high mod like ... A bike with a noise aftermarket exhaust, or a Harley with a extremally long handlebar, or a rear tyre 3 sizes bigger than stock....

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Makes me respect our system a bit more. :dowhat

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
geez you guys across the pond have strict stuff huh?

the worst here is in cali (I think) and in maricopa county in arizona...where they emissions test bikes. they have federal dB limits and whatnot...but noone really enforces them. same with signals, plate light etc, as long as they're there and functioning most places dont care :O

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Japan is the same way with the regs (unless you have a base lisc) but they are starting to crack down on that also...

P

·
0 Posts
You got some crazy rules down there in Spain!! :coocoo

This is (exactly) how mine looked at last Vehicle Inspection.... :laugh

Don't remember exactly what I sadi, but it was something with Im rebuilding/restoring it. I even had the threads showing on the rear wheel.
Still I passed, but he didnt really like my front turn indicators :O dunno about that, they are better than the rear ones, only differcen is that the rear ones where stock...

Well, I wasn't lying. This is current state :)

:banana

1 - 11 of 11 Posts