TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting a 99 TL1000R. It already has yoshi pipes with a power commander. I believe it has a K/N as well. It has a Ohlins rear shock added too. It has 10000 miles on it, and appears flawless with a clean title. $4700.
Do you think that it's a good buy.

Also, with those add ons, how much do you think it will add to the bike. My last bike was a honda CBR900RR. What kinda of comparison is the TLR to that.

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
The add ons don't greatly increase the value, but they do make the bike more attractive. Sounds and looks like a well cared for bike with all the right goodies. I also notice it is the faster yellow one :hail I like the yellow ones; punk Punk kids won't confuse your TLR for a lesser Gixxer.

I say offer $4,500 and buy it. You will love the TLR for it's sound, midrange power and stability compared to your old 900.

Welcome to the Zone! :)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Make sure you knock off enough cash to pay for the respray ... Its gotta be red. :devious :laugh ... Looks like a nice bike and its serious fun to ride.

Welcome :bigfinger

:hail TLR's

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Note the rear wheel is white, stock is silver on that year R, the plastic has been painted, that said, I agree, go 4000 or 4500. Take a good look at the bar ends, frame for scratches, axles. Look for leakage at the water pump seal, fork seals. Is the chain clean and well lubricated?

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
The Ohlins is a very good thing.

Did he take off the passenger pegs? Why?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will look at it closer for the pegs. The rear rim, he told me replaced it with a GSXR rim to just look different. I'm gonna see if he has the original. I have to inspect the title to make sure it's clear. He told me it was.
What other things can I do for performance. Would replacing the sprockets be a good idea, or does it already have enough tq. I know, I know, some people say,,,you can never have enough tq.

The Ohlins is a very good thing.

Did he take off the passenger pegs? Why?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
First thing! The TL is FULL of torque! Some people change the gearing, but stock gearing provides plenty of torque for you. Second, I had a TLR (till I went thorugh TWO motors somehow :dunno) now I have a CBR 900RR. The TLR is a MUCH better bike in my opinion. I miss my TLR :bawling. For proformance mods, you can get the Rifleman's 1/5 throttle insert, a TRE, PC-II among other things.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is a 1/5 throttle insert and a TRE? The bike has a PC installed already, which saves me money.

First thing! The TL is FULL of torque! Some people change the gearing, but stock gearing provides plenty of torque for you. Second, I had a TLR (till I went thorugh TWO motors somehow :dunno) now I have a CBR 900RR. The TLR is a MUCH better bike in my opinion. I miss my TLR :bawling. For proformance mods, you can get the Rifleman's 1/5 throttle insert, a TRE, PC-II among other things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts