TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I figure after having my motor installed, The TB's might be a little off. I went down to the hardware store and 4 dollars later. I had the parts to build a ghetto sync tool.
I followed all the intructions that I found on the zone.

- I hooked up the Tb \'s and they were waaaaayyyy out of balance. it took me a while to get my Dish washing detergent filled gauges to balance but they did.
- I dont know why it is backfiring now more than before but it runs much, much better.
Power is up for sure.

If you havent done your TB's, You need to get it done. Its easy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dave, fastrider resurrected a 5 year old post lol. Fast rider have you tried searching? Make sure you do an advanced search and in the options select "search by relevancy" because that makes all the difference in the world.

-Matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thats my next project. Hoping it will clear up a slight sputter in low RPM. I have a crazy backfire to but had a huge leak in my exhaust. Gasket is on the way!

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Low rpm stumbles and sputtering are cured by setting the tps and sync'ing the throttle bodies. i got rid of 99% of mine by adjusting them both. :thumbup

@ One Star Cor.. nice work! :thumbup

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hope so! theres really only two places it stumbles. If i'm idling and i slowly raise the throttle it sputters around 1500rpm to about 2500. Then on occasion if i'm at low rpms and I cark the throttle open it has a a split second miss then its fine. sound familiar?

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Yep....

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a perfect condition mercury balance tool I bought used for $75, then my [email protected] brother spilled the mercury before I got to use it. But anyway, this is still a 5 year old thread lol.

Zippy, you wanna take a cruise to NY and balance mine :p lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
One question about making one of the tools on here. I understand how these let you sync the throttle bodies between each other, but how do you set them together at the right level? For instance suzukis tool in the video has two lines that your're supposed to get the ball to balance between so there're not sync'ed together to low or too high. Is there a factory screw position or something that you set the first throttle body at then sync the second one to the first one. Hope you know what i mean.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
@Matt Man... would love to... but.. i have a job. :laugh otherwise i would. Would love to to C2C on the TLS. Bummer about the mercury :banghead I like mine very much. Have used it tons... and loaned it out too. of course, local use only. :cheers

@Fast Rider... the Suzuki tool is nice.. but expensive... i think i paid 40$ a few years back for my Motion Pro Mercury sync tool. I thought it was worth every penny. It's also very easy to use as you dont need to "calibrate" it. :thumbup

·
Registered
71 Posts
@Matt Man... would love to... but.. i have a job. :laugh otherwise i would. Would love to to C2C on the TLS. Bummer about the mercury :banghead I like mine very much. Have used it tons... and loaned it out too. of course, local use only. :cheers

@Fast Rider... the Suzuki tool is nice.. but expensive... i think i paid 40$ a few years back for my Motion Pro Mercury sync tool. I thought it was worth every penny. It's also very easy to use as you dont need to "calibrate" it. :thumbup
Haha I hear ya man. I have some relatives in CA so I wouldn't mind C2C'ing it either. Would need to raise the bars tho lol.

Motion pro is the one I have as well. Only got to toy with it once...worked great though. Keep an eye on craigslist, that's where I found mine.

-Matt

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ok ill make one for now until i can find a motion pro down the road. At 130 a pop to take it to the dealership 40 bucks is nothing in the long run.

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
Forget the Motion Pro, get a Carbtune. Click here. :thumbup

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here's one for you guys. I made my own tool, very simple. 25' clear 1/4" tubing, found the center point and made it into a 'thermometer' shape, and half filled it with tranny fluid. Very simple, and with the relatively light liquid its more accurate. I'll get a pic up later. ANYWAYS, I can sync the TBs, they're even for about 30s they slowly start shifting. The engine is at operating temperature, and when I blip the throttle the levels slowly go back together...... So, why would the vacuum start changing between the 2 TBs after about 30s? If that makes sense.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
having sucked the liquid from my homemade manometer into the engine, I'd suggest 2cycle engine oil.

Just my .02 cents.

C

·
Registered
155 Posts
Transmission fluid will not damage the engine if a small amount enters it. In saying that, try not to let it get close to the vacuum ports, have lots of tubing!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts