TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 TL1000R and I'm planning a hellacious trip on it this winter from GA to OH. I need a good one piece coldweather suit that is rainproof and also A heated jacket liner or atleast a vest....AND heated gloves....that wont overdraw my bike's electrical system.

So whos got some advice?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I use Gerbing heated jacket liner & gloves through a 2 way thermostat with my daughter using a heated liner as well, & I've had no battery issues so far. Excellent kit, with a life time warranty on the electrical components. I had 1 of my gloves stopped working, took it to a bike show, told the gerbing rep it didn't work & got a brand new pair. no questions, no hassle.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Also check out warm n safe and consider heated grips as well (great for deicing the throttle). I'd recomend a voltage meter on the bike so you can take care not to kill the battery.

Aerostitch is the classic onsey and there's also a new low cost option, check advrider in the venders section.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i want heated grips or grip wraps. not sure which. i'm going to commute some this winter and have never had heated anything lol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Another heated gear co is widder. I think tour master might also be in the business as well. If you run out of watts you can unplug one headlight to free up another 55.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts