TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy who is still in the military was buying a 1997 toyota supra from a guy in Austin Tx. Well he went through all the mumbo jumbo as to checking the guy out and the guy seemed like he was on the up and up. My buddy wired him a bank to bank transefer for the deposit on the car and flew out early this morning. Rob the guy with the car was supposed to pick Rich and his friend up and let them drive the car and complete the sale. This rob guy never showed up so my buddy is in Austin now trying to find a address for this guy. I have his number and the name he gave Rich.

The number is 512-923-1559

His supposed name is Rob Cervantes. He supposidly is in the army and stationed there. If anyone can help and get any info like address or what not I would appreciate it. My number is 256-874-4758 If any of you slueths find any info and want to give me a call I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Kip

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Your firend should have gotten what unit he was in, call the unit commander and staff duty for info. Holiday weekend, hope he has a return ticket.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
BTW its a cell phone number
ussearch.com has everything available for the phone number for a $15 fee.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Streak how are you? He is in a rental car right now waiting to see if I can pull up any info.

Whats a good website to do serches on like that. I am on find.intelius.com and they say they have a address and all of that but I want to be sure its a good site for this type of info. What website would you recomend.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Sorry about the mulitple post, not quit sure what happened??

I used yellowpages.com, and then ussearch.com

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he is going to get in contact with the bank and see where that leads. Im about to pay for a serch on usserch.com. thanks for the reply streak.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You might pm ET79 and try calling or visiting whatever is the nearest army base and see if they have heard of the guy there.

good luck

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
The nearest Army base to Austin is Fort Hood, I work on Ft Hood.
Austin is about 45 minutes away from me, perhaps the guy had an accident on the way to bergstrom airport or something?
How long has your frind been stuck there waiting?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mototiller...I thought he got there this morning but I just got off the phone with Rich and he has been there since yesterday since 2pm. He has tried calling the number the guy gave him and it goes straight to voice mail. I called and left a message like I was interested in the car to see if he would call me back so far he has not. I hope your right and it is just a big mix up. Thanks for that info and I will forward it on to rich to see if it helps him any.

Thanks again
Kip

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:eatcorn

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im about to go get my cc so I can get a carfax on it for him. LOL... I knew you guys would be able to help.. Thanks again

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Well I just e-mailed him saying I'm interested and can do a local pickup since I'm located 45 minutes North of him.
We'll see if he bites, if he does I will post here all information that I get from him as to location and a good phone number, address etc... :thumbup

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats it. Ill be away from the computer for a bit. I have to run get my cc so I can do the caffax report. ITs ashame that is a sweet car LOL.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that will work moto.. Have you ever seen that car on Ft. Hood? Theres not many of them running around these days.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts