TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead rode my bike 2 miles from work to home, and noticed a gassy smell. lookin' around i noticed the right pipe, rear cylinder, had really hot air coming out and the left one wasn't hot at all..... this was after i turned off bike. recently had the tb's synched and tps done. didn't notice the heat or smell for over a week after. also noticed after the synch and tps, the fast idle cable doesn't get the rpm's up as high as it used to. any ideas where to start? plugs replaced, new air filter, new oil. oh, i also let the battery run all the way down on accident just before this happened.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
stu_m said:
the right pipe always runs hotter then the left and it might be running rich which is where the fuel smell is comming from

you might not have noticed it before
+1

Right pipe is rear cilinder I guess.. header cools less then the one running underneath the engine..

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Loki-TLR said:
+1

Right pipe is rear cilinder I guess.. header cools less then the one running underneath the engine..

no they are both linked with a balancer pipe they both pump out fumes from both cylinders not one for each cylinder

dont know why it does it but the right pipe is the lead pipe and gets hotter :O

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Doesn't the left pipe have a squashed bit under the swingarm so more gas gets shoved out the right side (Hence its hotter) :dunno

Mine had a gassy smell after being dyno'ed ...

:hail TLR's

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Look underneath your tank and check for any dampness or drips underneath the tank. The pump seal has been known to leak - mostly on early TLS' though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts