TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my tiller today:thumbdown I got orders to head back to the desert this May. I've been thinking about selling the tiller for the past couple of months now and this pretty much sealed the deal (Since 99, I have been deployed/overseas for a total of about 4 years). Can't see putting three motorcycles in storage. I've had someone who's been bothering me to sell my bike to him. I thought he was more bark than bite so I offered it at a good seller's price. He didn't even think about. Came back to me with it all in cash. Surprised the hell out of me. My stomach fell watching him take off on it.

Of course I will still hang around here. You guys are some of the best group of guys on the net! I've made some real world friends here too. When I get back home from the desert I'll be looking to upgrade my garage again with a race twin. An Aprillia, Ducati 916, or even another tiller. I'll cross that bridge in another year or so. Just wanted to share my loss with you guys. I'll steer the new owner to this site. Here's one last look at my baby:

·
Registered
671 Posts
keep in touch and thanks for your service. stay safe.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Stay safe and keep doing what you do man.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Sweet looking ride, Too bad you had to sell.

All the best to you, stay safe.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...stay safe over there:thumbup...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sorry to hear, but you've still got a couple of very nice bikes. Stay safe over there:thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Sucks you had to sell her, but at least you know where she's going and it was an easy sale without dealing with the usual routes and pissy buyers.

You gotta find a way to get off for a trackday with us before you leave. And....uh...put bikes into storage? I'll be happy to look after that VStrom while your gone! :)

Stick around and keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
eh, there'll always be other bikes, cant keep them all forever.

many thanks to your continued service :thumbup

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Hey Russ - be safe over there. Don't let familiarity breed complacency and be sure to drop us an update from time to time.

...with the tiller gone maybe you could take the time over there to plan an Art Davis style custom framed twin :devious Not that you would need anything extra to look forward to back home, but that would work for me.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I'll be in States for another 6 months so that's good.

·
14,150 Posts
So.....I have to wait six months to babysit the strom? :laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Jasen, Russ doesn't want to lower the strom. :lol

It's okay Russ, you still have the busa to play with. We will have to get you and that big ass thing on the track before you go.

·
14,150 Posts
Heck yea, he gets at least 30 days leave each year, one of those can be a trackday dang it!

And he doesn't have to lower it, I can tippy toe it like every other bike I've owned.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Hang in there matey, keep your head/ass down and get back home soon :thumbup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts