TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have a 2001 TLR that I have been storing for over a year and I'm finally getting it back on the road again. I just was feeling motivated so I figured I would share.

I was doing some bike painting on the side and a guy came to me and said he wanted to have a custom paint job done for his girlfriend's TL. I decided to take the job and charged him about $1300 for the work and a few other minor add ons. When I finished the project, I gave the bike back to her and she promptly goes out and wrecks it the next day.:bawling The two of them decide to get rid of the bike so I [ being the warm hearted guy that I am] told them I would find a good home for it[mine].

In the end, I ended up buying the bike for $1800. It had a clear title and only 4800 miles on the odo. I bought some bodywork, a subframe, tail light, pipes, master cylinder, PCII and a few other goodies... and did most of the mods, and it should turn out to be a pretty clean ride. There's not TOO much left to do... just finish the paint, mount the wheels when they get back from the powdercoaters, wrap up some loose ends and take it for a spin.

I just wanted everyone to know that this forum has been instrumental in putting this machine back on the road. Thanks to all for sharing.

Brooke Hopkins

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Great score ! looks like you got yourself a good deal there .The paintjob + 500 notes ,nice :thumbup .

·
Registered
462 Posts
And WHAT, do you do for a living? I mean, is that a Lotus that I see in your garage? And it also looks like your restoring a old beetle at the same time. Not to metion all of the bikes. Good score though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm actually an Acura salesman, but I used to have my own business and I've made a couple of good investments.
I haven't time to clear coat the bodywork yet but here's where I'm at so far.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
man i wanna find a deal like that, have a nice track TLR and a street TLR, keep us updated with progress and pictures man, that paint job looks sweet.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts