TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Stoner having the fastest lap time in the second unofficial practice in Portugal what impressed me the most was Hayden's comments about team orders and Pedrosa...

Read and laugh :laugh

Nicky Hayden has been told not to expect any help from his Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa in his quest for a maiden Moto GP world title.

Hayden leads defending champion Valentino Rossi by 12 points in the world championship with two races remaining and 50 points available – starting with this weekend’s Portuguse Grand Prix.

But Honda chiefs have told the 25-year-old American that they will not tell rookie Pedrosa to move out of the way for him – even if it means missing out on the title.

Honda Racing's managing director Satoru Horiike said: “I have always said that Honda never, ever makes any team orders.”

“If we make team orders then this is not good for anyone - not for the fans, for the riders, for the mechanics or anyone in the team. We will not do it.”

Hayden has seen Yamaha rider Rossi – the defending five-time champion – hack 39 points from his championship lead in the past four Grands Prix to leave the destiny of the title finely poised.

But the three-time race-winner knows that 21-year-old Spaniard Pedrosa – who is 34 points behind him – still has a mathematical chance to win the title himself, as do Marco Melandri (Fortuna Honda) and Loris Capirossi (Ducati).

Despite this, he believes that Pedrosa, who has dropped back in recent races due to a persistent knee injury sustained in a crash in Malaysia, will indeed try to aid his championship challenge in Estoril.

Hayden said: “Team orders are a pretty touchy subject, but I would like to think Dani would do anything he could do to help me because I know that if it was the other way around I would try and help.”

“But Dani is not completely out of it yet, so I guess we have to wait until after Portugal. With a guy like him as a team-mate, a guy I respected, then I think I would do anything to help my guy out - but I don't know how Dani feels.”

“If Dani could beat Rossi for me, that would be a big help!”

Eurosport - Jamie O'Leary - 11/10/2006 19:28

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:eatcorn :eatcorn :eatcorn

·
Registered
976 Posts
Its going to be a fun weekend in motogp

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
i have it tivoed! i hope/pray hayden wins it! DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE ROSSI BUT I WANT TO SEE HAYDEN WIN!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Whats the bet that if Hayden doesnt win the title, he'll be on a yamaha in 07?
Also, whats happening with Andrew Pitt in the WSBK? Corder & Haga are team mates in 07, what is Pitty doing?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gouldo said:
Whats the bet that if Hayden doesnt win the title, he'll be on a yamaha in 07?
Also, whats happening with Andrew Pitt in the WSBK? Corder & Haga are team mates in 07, what is Pitty doing?
Hayden and Honda have already a contract for the next two years, so they're going to be together winner or not..

As for SBK, sorry, no idea.... :O

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
rossi all the way :thumbup

hayden is a good rider but they all are or they would be still riding supers or for there local clubs.

but

why is hayden were he is ? & would he be there if there was no mechanical problems in the yamaha camp. did he get to the top due to his riding ability or just miss fortune ?

:)

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, I really like Hayden. As far as how he got where he is now, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he doesn't have as much natural talent as Rossi, but makes up for a good portion of that deficit with good old hard work. He also seems to have worked on fixing what I saw as one of his biggest problems last year, losing focus near the end of races. I'm sure nationalism plays a part in me liking him too. I really want to see an American win it... :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
man, thats HRC for you.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
oh yeah baby, that'll be a race....... damn if i'll be on an airplane and can't watch........

·
Registered
911 Posts
AirNavy said:
As much as I hate to say it, I really like Hayden. As far as how he got where he is now, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he doesn't have as much natural talent as Rossi, but makes up for a good portion of that deficit with good old hard work. He also seems to have worked on fixing what I saw as one of his biggest problems last year, losing focus near the end of races. I'm sure nationalism plays a part in me liking him too. I really want to see an American win it... :D

RIGHT ON! He's put in the work, been consistant, I want to see him win it!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quotes from the front row.....

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/motogp_news.htm?menu=news&news_id=18098&championship_id=3&section=1

He sounds kinda worried and afraid....

IMO he isn't really worth it to become a champion...
He's just like a comet going away fast...
Reminds me of Schwantz because of Rainey's misfortune, Criville because of Doohan's bad luck and KR Junior because someone had to win 2000 championship..
If Hayden gets it, itl will be due to Rossi's bad luck and NOTHING else....

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would like to see the pair draw on points do a count back as to which one has the most wins (Rossi) and the title go to ......... Rossi. As mentioned above he has had a difficult year

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Gigas said:
Hayden and Honda have already a contract for the next two years, so they're going to be together winner or not..

As for SBK, sorry, no idea.... :O
Thanks for that. I didn't know where he was going.
I still hope Hayden wins it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Edited by Steve....

No race results :no You'll ruin it for everyone who has to watch a delayed telecast.. Start a new thread with a race results warning in the title i.e. RRI

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
:stupid

Don't discuss the results in here guys! :devious

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Oh my god. Sit down before watching this race.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yup, the race results make this an interesting thing to read after the fact.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts