TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmmmmm. Let's see, in July I got the TLS and wasn't going to do anything to it...........I bought the fairing and stuff related for $163.00 and levers for $60.00. That was crash repair. I rebuilt the M4 can, cost about $140.00, spent $5.00 on the paint to do the pipe. Also Rifleman donated a stock clutch cover and I plan to return it now that, I have another. Finally, I moved the horn so I could get to the steering stem without removing it when I want to use the stand.

Then it gets ugly............

I bought an Ohlins, for $714.00, a spring for $109.00, front suspension stuff for $476.00, I put 6 pots on the front, that I had about $150.00 in, and put a set of $90.00 TLS lines on. I recently purchased a yosh cover for $125.00 and rehabilitated it. I bought a Vandriver rear reservoir for $74.00 and really like it. I put the right side switchgear on which has an on/off switch on it, I had purchased it previously for $107.00 shipped, but it counts. I have a Rifleman 1/5 turn throttle insert, donated to me but, I can't remember where I got it.........:banghead

So that is about it.........grand total? I figure I gave about $4500.00 for the 2001 bike (it was really more technically, but I want to feel good about it:coocoo) plus the $2213 in mods gives me about $6713 in the bike, or about $10,000.00 less than I had in the TLR. Woo Hoo! Getting cheaper to mod them isn't it?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, I have a RHA in the mail for $100.00

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I had about that much tied up in mine too over the years. :hail

I miss it a little but glad to be out of the money pit for this mod and that mod.

I have to admit though that is what made it fun.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Doug, we were all laughing a bit inside when you stated that you were just going to clean that bike up and ride it as is. :laugh We all knew you couldn't stand it stock.

You are infact, the Mad Modder!:hail :hail

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had about that much tied up in mine too over the years. :hail

I miss it a little but glad to be out of the money pit for this mod and that mod.

I have to admit though that is what made it fun.
Del,

Who will I have to pass the next time I'm on the Dragon?
Harleys? Boring!!!

j/k

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Doug, I have a slight problem with your totals there.

First, how much did you buy the yosh cover for....originally.
Then how much did you sell it for?
Then how much did you rebuy it for? :)

Doug's the only guy I know of who regifts for himself! :laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, actually it is a different cover, the first one I made $162.00 profit on, the second was $125.00 shipped, so I am actually $37.00 ahead in Yosh cover dollars :coocoo You would like it as it is at eye level for you.......:lol

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
hmm I rmember paying about $200 less for my ohlins, so technically it more expensive, you just havent started switching wheels and rotors yet. Remember how light the front used to be with those wheels:laugh

Just to make you feel better Doug

540 ohlins
500 forks
350 rotors
90 brake lines
450 rearsets
450 steering stabalizer
1350 rims
670 body work
1200 exhaust
210 PC II
100 carbon windscreen

and ive probably forgotten some stuff, but am starting over pretty much with a new engine and frame and going to have it done up all over again with my upgrades.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had $1795 in the rims on the TLR, maybe I will get them back someday :coocoo

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Doug i noticed you mentioned buying a spring as well as an ohlins...i have one of the Hagon units on its way as we speak...is there a big benefit to going to an aftermarket spring as well.....thought i was going to get away with just changing the damper unit.....:dowhat

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Set sag. If you can't you need a spring, if you need a spring, contact danny never or Lindemann I think LE has one or two and danny is a member here and can fix you up. He works for Traxxion Dynamics

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Thanks......will do....am really not confident to do and get it right myself so will wait until the hagon turns up and take it down to a bike shop here...the guy races with some success and is pretty clever with bikes.

·
14,150 Posts
is there a big benefit to going to an aftermarket spring as well
That all depends on the rider. I may be short but at least my bikes don't have to be resprung.

Low blow? Well what would you expect from a short person! :laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That all depends on the rider. I may be short but at least my bikes don't have to be resprung.

Low blow? Well what would you expect from a short person! :laugh
I am short, fat, and faster than you. :lol

·
14,150 Posts
I am short, fat, and faster than you. :lol
Can't argue with that....but I'll be continuing to work on the third one. Now...if I can just get them to build me a track seven miles from MY house. :banghead

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
we're not worthy:hail :hail :hail :hail :hail :hail :hail :hail :hail
nice work doug,
I gotta get ma a better job:O

1 - 18 of 18 Posts