TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was a little bored today so i thought i'd photbucket my pics from this years "Legend Of The Motorcycle" and start showing some of them,look closely, yes thats an airplane powerplant/prop how cool is that !! just a few junk MV Agustas in the backdrop !triumph cafe racer by my friend ron peck,1st in class !!(dude wearing ball cap)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
some cool bikes :)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
start at the top to see all the junk bikes !!!chek out the cruciform fishtales on the bruf !!!! i'd love to do a trak day on the bultaco,two fingers on the clutch lever at all times tho !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That's a crazy front end on the CR250R. Didn't rick Johnson or someone run one with that front end for a (very) short time?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Awesome pics! God I wish I knew about building stuff like that when I was at school :laugh I love the plane-bike :lol

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that yellow bike is quite unusual !!! its a goldammer, you should have luck with a search on it, rear cylinder has been removed and in its place is a big turbo charger that has the exhaust driven part removed and it has a cog-belt going to the crank !!! fukin' krazy ass lashup !!!! that front end i think is an incarnation of the ribi-link,i did a kwik search, here on this page is a pic of rodger decoster's gp bike with a twin shock version http://gomxracing.com/forum/printthread.php?t=25122

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
:hail and :drool pics. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Awesome pics ,theres some beautiful stuff in that lot . Looks like they've been to TLDV8's school of cleaning .:)

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
damn double post ,could a mod remove this please.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
In the first batch - is that one of the Quantel (sp?) Cosworth bikes (the white NVT bike) :O

That (Kiwi :confused ) Norton looks yummy too :thumbup

Great pics thanks :hail

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Another good british bike that failed due to lack of funds. Two cylinders from a Cosworth DFV F1 car engine, stressed member engine, almost no frame and what there was partly made up of plate ally ........ I think it won at Daytona in the early 80's :confused

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
As is ever the case with British bikes, funding is all ....... the bike pictured is the JPS Norton "Challenge" ..... it stalled when JPS withdrew their funding in the mid 70's, but was resurrected in the mid 80's as the Quantell ..... it won the BOTT race at Daytona with Roger Marshall sometime in the mod 80's :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts