TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya fellas,

i promised some old folks from the board (Les, Steve, just to name a few :laugh ) some pictures of 'Biker's Classics' in Spa-Francorchamps this weekend.

I went there yesterday with a good friend of mine (she never went to a track before in her life, and she loved it), and we had loads of fun! We saw John Surtees race up the radillon in his '60 Lotus cigar F1 car, as well as numerous racebikes from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

From two-stroke GP stinkers (RRRRRING DING DING DING), over 4-stroke 3-cyl laverda thunderstorms, to 6-cyl honda screamers :hail ...the sound these things make is just awesome. We even got special passes to walk through the pits, and experience some endurance-race pitstops, and some nervous wrenching on these old monsters...

here's the pics! click for big, and enjoy :)

cheers guys,
Jan

PS i'm still a bit deaf from all those open race pipes, i think i can relate to you old geezers now :laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
damn that is alot of nice old bikes :hail and love the pic of the PV :hail (the red volvo) they are wery rare these days :banghead I remember my grandfather had one all black with cromed trim :cool

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
awesom~
Thanks for the pix of old racer bikes I love most~They are as sweet as these ohlins(not mine) below.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Good job Jan :hail Thanks for sharing :thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Great pics and beautiful bikes:hail

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
fantastic!!!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Fantastic pics Jan

:cheers

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Very nice bikes! Thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Nice pics Jan - more to come :O

What was the event like - did you go for just the day or the whole week-end :O Like I said we were thinking of going next year, so any coments appreciated :devious

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hiya moose :)
these are more or less all the (best) pics from the event.

we just went there for one day (we won free tickets). I think friday and saturday was more of the same.

There was a huge crowd, all the parking lots were filled with campers, and the paddock was quite full as well. There was a little market where you could buy some old books, stickers, posters, etc...you could walk through the pits, and watch the oldies from very close, so that was pretty cool :hail

We stayed around the paddock area, so we only saw the bus-stop-chicane, the hairpin, eau rouge, and the radillon. If you go for the whole weekend, i think it would be nice to walk to some other corners as well (blanchimont, double left, pif-paf, combes, etc..), and spend an afternoon in the sun watching the bikes roar by :thumbup

I think it would be loads of fun if you'd go with a big gang, and have BBQ in the evening, and lots of booze :devious

cheers,
Jan

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Sounds like a plan :devious ...... just gotta get a group interested now .... :pirate

·
Registered
360 Posts
Great pics there :thumbup and so many nice old bikes.

I would have a huge shed full of old Duc's like those if I had the $ :drool

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
awsome pictures they had vintage races at RA the weekend we were there for stunt wars......i didnt get a chance ot make it over there but i watched them race. was pretty cool im thinking i could have brought the TL:D there were a few guys on 916 and 996's

again great pix

1 - 20 of 35 Posts