TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Mike, I'm from Mustang, Oklahoma. My son Kevin and I recently purchased a non-running 1998 TL1000R as a project to work on together and I thought I should sign up with a forum so I could pick your brains when we get stumped.

Here's a couple of pictures of our $800 Suzuki.

The previous owner wrecked it about two days after buying it. It's been sitting in his garage for a couple of years. I've already updated the paperwork on it so it's all mine now. The bike itself seems to be straight, the pipes beaten and the plastic is mostly there (just not in the pictures).

Now all we have to do is get it running again.:)

We're probably going to sell it once it's back in good health. I haven't ridden in 15 years since I wrecked my Interceptor in '94. I'm getting the bug again messing around with this bike.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Mike, I'm from Mustang, Oklahoma.
Welcome to the Zone and have fun with your new project :bigfinger

My son Kevin and I recently purchased a non-running 1998 TL1000R as a project to work on together
Why non running? A nice service on the motor and a new battery and she'll be back in life .. right? :O

We're probably going to sell it once it's back in good health. I haven't ridden in 15 years since I wrecked my Interceptor in '94. I'm getting the bug again messing around with this bike.
You think so.... :devious
The TLs bite for good and as soon as you get her running, you will be addicted to the thing and you won't sell :)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,859 Posts
Welcome aboard :bigfinger

·
Registered
334 Posts
welcome :bigfinger good luck with your project

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks like a good project:thumbup