TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys, i somehow lost track of last months bonus check from work and then just found it a couple days ago so i figured i might as well use it on a digi cam. i ended getting a sony dsc-w30 cybershot and am really happy with it so far. i snapped a couple pics of the bike for ya taht are a lot better than last time so enjoy.

this is in lamoille canyon. i think it could be a fun ride but it was about 30* out when i took this i'm surprised my fingers worked enough to push the button BRRRRRR..

the backside of my bike

the front and admittedly better looking side of my bike

a shot to show the mini hugger/mudflap and homemade heelgaurds out of diamondplate

okay now that you guys can have a better look at it what is the verdict on the bedliner paintjob?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Sorry not into the bedliner, but i aint riding it either so:O

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats cool everyone entitiled to their opinon. i just couldn't see the point in shelling out $1500+ for a decent paintjob when i know it would get f#cked up as hard as i play on my TLR. this way it looks good and if it goes down i can just pick it back up and be on my merry way. next up i need to finish the crash cage.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I love it.:) Big fan of the use of diamondplate, and bedliner. I also have used both on my tiller. And **** anybody who thinks you must be a dumb truck driver to do so.:rant
But ya know its NOT a real fighter till you loose the clip-ons and throw some Renthals on there. :rant
Keep up the good work and take pride in your DIY ways. Any asshole can throw 5 grand at bike to make it look sick.
Heres what I did with bedliner and diamondplate. I would advise painting it if your as lazy as me. :laugh

I also threw some on the rear sets:devious

Got a litttle nutty here and decided it was to much. Had a lot of fun making the stuff.:O

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the comps maynard. much appreciated. i am planning doing about the same thing for my undertail as what you did to yours. i like those rear sets what brand are they? i want to do rearsets soon but i might just make up some DIY setback plates for the stockers.

i haven't decided if i want to throw some renthals on it or not. maybe i should just call it my cafe fighter project as the look i'm going for incorporates aspects of both into it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the comps maynard. much appreciated. i am planning doing about the same thing for my undertail as what you did to yours. i like those rear sets what brand are they? i want to do rearsets soon but i might just make up some DIY setback plates for the stockers.

i haven't decided if i want to throw some renthals on it or not. maybe i should just call it my cafe fighter project as the look i'm going for incorporates aspects of both into it.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just found some spare diamondplate laying around. Going to try out making a hugger VERY similar to yours:laugh Thanks for the blueprint.:laugh
Trying to figure out how to incorporate a lincence plate holder with it. :devious Then do it powdercoat or bedliner?:O AHH I love mod season.:)
BTW the rear sets are Pro-Tec's powdercoated blue.
Come on, just throw the Renthals on.:devious

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
making the hugger wasn't hard at all to do. i basically cut out a rounded elongated triangle shape.. well more like the shape if you pounded a little garden spade flat anyways. then i took it laid it on my rear tire and started bending it to the curve of the tire by hand. then i used the leg of my friends shop table and used that to deepen the curve. then it was just a matter of sitting it on and off the bike and finding where i needed to grind clearance. you will have to grind a medium sized notch a little off of center on the bottom because of the suspension linkage pivots. i then just bought some little 90 degree brackets from home depot and bent them to the angle i wanted it to sit at. there was even two small holes already threaded in the swingarm that i used to fasten it down with. if you look close in the pic you can see it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts