TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you (I) put a price on my bike? I'm not ready to sell until I find my next toy! And whatever it may be, I have got to stick with it for a while!! (LOL). But my little Devil says," stay with the bike have some fun, and get a street bike". That actually sounds more logical doesn't it? I just have this thing about NOT wanting to spend 9k for a new bike for the street! ah!!!!
your thoughts~

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I'll give you $100 to take it off your hands :devious :lol

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:banana Silly! Ok what will 100 bucks buy nowdays!? You know after looking at the photos, Wow, that's at cool looking bike!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you ever seen a TLR with the more up to date tail sections; you know like the new Gixxers or something where it's raised in the air? would that look cool/?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
why not convert it to a kick ass street machine :O

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the thought crossed my mind Mr. Tucker~ but it doesnt have a title for starters, and I don't think I have the WANT TO to do it. lol I have my sights set on the new GSXR600, I don't know if I'll get it. I see on Cycletrader.com and Ebay an occasional Gixxer for 5-7k. I'm amazed to see that bikes hold their value or hit an amount; ex; An 04 Gixxer for 6k dollars. One may as well save up just a little longer and get a new bike! But now everyone is oooing and ahing about the Daytona 675 for about the same price as the GSXR. But I'm partial to Suzuki, but Suzuki doesn't make a yellow bike, and Daytona does! I even like the Daytona 600!

Plus I'd feel like a traitor to the Zone not at least having a Suzuki! This is about the only site that I look at anymore, and I'm just now getting familiar with many of you guys/gals!

I just feel that if I spend 9k+ on a new GSXR, that I'll have to paint it yellow, and I was hoping to avoid that! I have almost 3k worth of leathers and all accented in yellow! So I have to have a yellow bike!!!

The set below for nice cool days, just to look nice, not ride crazy fast.
The set in the picture at the beginning of this thread (good to 80mph crash)
My Z leathers for The Best protection!

Z leathers in the background.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Denee, have you looked into getting the title for your bike? You'd have to go the bonded title route, it's a pain in the butt but doable and not too expensive. I've done it twice now and can answer any questions you might have.

I'd think on selling it, you'd find it easier and can ask for more money with the proper title that it would be worth the investment.

Oh yea, and who says your leathers have to match your bike? Besides, silver, black and white will go well with your leathers. :)

:drool

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You had to post that didnt you! lol sigh! You know the only bike that I've ever owned new was in 1974, an XL350! Ever since then has been pre-owned, pre-pre-owned, etc.! Gosh Jasen, do you think whoever should buy my bike would really mind that it has a title? I didn't. I knew it was a racebike and would never be on the street. I'll let the next person deal with that if they want to.

You know another reason that I went with yellow starting with my past TLS, was to be seen better on the street, more visible to drivers, vs. darker colors or colors that blend in with the surroundings. I would still have it yellow. It's my virtue! lol ORRRR~ I could get Jim at Fabritech to come up with some cool yellow graphics on that black GSXR!! By Golly!!!! Thank you Jasen!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I got my ZX-10R for $8719 out-the-door($8499 + fees)... and its Yellow. :devious

You should be able to get a great deal this time of year.

·
14,150 Posts
No problem whatsoever.

Yes, a title can make a big difference. Check out the CMRA board where the police raided one of the races and were snagging bikes that weren't properly titled. It was a big BS operation, but having had two motorcycles stolen from me I can't entirely fault the police for cracking down on stolen bikes.

Not having a title could make it harder to find a buyer and could cause you to not get as much money for the bike as you'd like. I wouldn't shy away from it now that I know the process but there's a lot of people that would be scared of that.

BTW, I got into yellow bikes for the exact same reason. Better visibility.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lionleash, could you post a photo of your bike please. How did you come up with your name?

OK Jasen, what do I have to do?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But to get a title, doesnt it have to have lights working? or is it just a registration for offroad use?

·
14,150 Posts
Nope, I just went through it with my gixxer.

Start at the DPS. You only want to title the bike, not register it. You'll have to say that many times because it baffles people that you don't want to register it for street use. Exlplain that it's a race bike and not street legal. This'll usually shut them up.

You do have a bill of sale from the previous owner right? If not, I seem to remember you were in contact with him, have him write you one up for the sale of the bike.

They'll give you some paperwork and send you to the state tax office. For about $3 a person will do about 20 minutes of research and give you a stack of papers a quarter of an inch thick with the blue book value somewhere in there. Don't undo the stack of papers as they are in a specific order.

Now comes the pain part....finding a bonding agency. Check your yellow pages. This is going to cost a few hundred dollars depending on the blue book value of the bike. Make sure to call as many agencies as you can. I got quoted as high as $400 for my gixxer and ended up finding someone to sell me the bond for $180.

What the bond does is to protect you. When you go to title it, your bike may be stolen or someone got rid of it without paying the bank, etc. The bonding agency is selling you an insurance policy so that if anyone comes along and says "I have rights to that bike" then they have to pay those folks off...kinda, at least that's the way I understand it.

Ok, then you take your stack of paperwork and your bond and go back to the DPS. They'll charge you the applicable fees and taxes for the purchase, send off your paperwork and in a few weeks you'll have a title in your name.

The title will say "Bonded Title" but when you sell it over to the new owner and they get the title in their name, the "Bonded Title" goes away and it's just a normal title.

That's it. Just some hoops to jump through and a little bit of money to spend. But giving a prospective buyer that peace of mind that he's not buying a stolen bike can be worth the trouble and $$$ in the end. Something to look into.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Denee', I did not realize you don't have a title. I would say without a title you are in the $2000 range for a track only bike such as yours (even though it is really, really nice).

I suggest you go Jasens route and get a title, it will allow you to ask a bunch more, like double for the bike.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
$2K for a track bike as beautiful as that one? Id be all over a deal like that... But i have no $ so you could post it up for $4500 and id still be over here :banghead wishing i could buy it.

Love that bike BTW, and it looks even better with its rider. :)

Jesse,

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
gixxerjasen said:
Oh yea, and who says your leathers have to match your bike?
no kidding, my leathers are black and Kawasaki Green...Looks funny on a yellow DRZ, but ask me if I care...

and the title thing, like Jasen said, not that hard, but people selling bikes w/o titles frequently claim it's a simple process and costs less that $50 :coocoo

And as long as the VIN is clean and clear you shouldn't have any problems, but if it comes back as stolen, you may lose it

·
14,150 Posts
Texas won't title it clean or not without the above process. I know as I've been through it twice. I even had a title on my Tiller, but the fact that it'd been signed over twice, then sold a few times without being titled and I couldn't get a hold of the last official owner meant I had to go the bonded route.

Your looking at probably $250 I'd guess for the whole thing, off the top of my head. Depending of course on what you bought it for to calculate the taxes. But if you lose even $1k off because of the title issue it's worth the hassle to do it.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jasen, I sent you an email, but I may as well discuss it here too.

I was going through my stuff that I received from Bob, the previous owner. In that stuff. I found a Certificate of Destruction issued from the State of Florida. The bike was sold by Allstate Ins. to a company called: Unique Three inc., which apparently sold the bike to Dave in Colorado, which sold the Bike to Bob, then to me. ON this form, there are assignments, but there was no more room for Bob, and I.
I'd post it, but I can't scan it, but I can fax it.
So, what does this represent?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts