TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some guidance. I am going to buy a PC 3 and I have a few questions.

When I buy it and hook it up will the bike work or do I need to tune it?

Will a standard TRE work with it or is it useless?

I know these are dumb ass questions but If I don't ask some tossa in a shop is going to rip me 10 ways from sunday!

Thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
Right, i may be able to help out now i had mine installed yesterday :p

Right the PCIII will have a custom map pre-installed, this map will be made for the standard bike, no extras. Now if you added some parts like exshausts or air filter different from standard then you can use another map to get close.

The standard mapping is 95% ok, the custom map only gives you 5% more on tune up. So its not a huge gain they say, but for custom items it will help more, due to maps not around much for the extras yet.

I got a 4 hp gain on mine and a 2 tourqe gain, and yes you can feel that loads. When they do the load test on the dyno after the map, and then fine tune with load thats what makes the difference to low down stumbles, cleared mine out 100%, feels like a new bike again now.

As for a tre, i removed it as i was told that the PCIII will do the same with a custom map, so its now off my bike.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Right, i may be able to help out now i had mine installed yesterday :p

Right the PCIII will have a custom map pre-installed, this map will be made for the standard bike, no extras. Now if you added some parts like exshausts or air filter different from standard then you can use another map to get close.

The standard mapping is 95% ok, the custom map only gives you 5% more on tune up. So its not a huge gain they say, but for custom items it will help more, due to maps not around much for the extras yet.

I got a 4 hp gain on mine and a 2 tourqe gain, and yes you can feel that loads. When they do the load test on the dyno after the map, and then fine tune with load thats what makes the difference to low down stumbles, cleared mine out 100%, feels like a new bike again now.

As for a tre, i removed it as i was told that the PCIII will do the same with a custom map, so its now off my bike.

Hope that helps.
I do NOT agree! standard map isnt 95% OK. Ive got mapped like 10 times to all my setups on my TL! Nevah has a standard map been 95% correct. I´ve seen differences up to +40% fuel and -35% fuel in some areas!
If U have a pretty hard modded TL, lets just say airbox mod and full exhaust u NEED to get a custom map because of the big difference on airflow trough engine! The standard map or a map from internet isnt good enough. U risk places in rpm/throttle that is way to ridge fueld an way to less fuel. So I would definately go for a custom map.
There are also many other benefits by getting a custom map. Much more smooth engine, gasresponse is awesome and lots of more goodies. The powergain by a custommap vs the standard map in a pc3 is defined by how much U have done to U engine. But the best effects is like I wrote, a much more smooth engine! And I really mean smooth :) U should try my TL with maps for each cyll (and tons og engine mods). Many TL owners has drived it, they were all. WOW!!!! because og the smooth engine and quick gas response (and the hurge power)

U can also see the difference when modding without a custom map here:
The red and blue line is my old TL with the same setup. The red line is with a pc2 zero map the blue is with a custom map:

http://www.dot-e.dk/dot-e.dk/effektkurver/effektbike/suzuki/test/view

I have had 2 TL´es and both have been modded hard. I´ve spend lots of money getting the bike modded and custommapped! The last custom map I got was a map for each cyllinder ( U need to send u pc3 unit back for new software if u want custom map for each cyllinder, they didnt make that standard on the TL pc3). I tried to drive with standard CDI adjusted with TEKA, I´ve tried pc2 with maps from net, I´ve tried pc3 with maps from net!
NOTHING can be compared with a custommade map! :)
BUT U need to find a good cutom mapper! A bad custommapper can´t do the job! I´ve tried like 3 bad custommappes. Bike was ok after the mapped it but I knew it could be better! So today I only use a magician here in Europe! He lives 200km from me, and has done mapping/tuning the last 30 years. He is also the european supporter for Dot engineering products like KN and more.

U can read more here about some of my mappings/projects:
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78745
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78890&highlight=dynorun

But go for the custom map at a good mapper![/

·
Registered
184 Posts
I second the internet maps being crap. A/F ratios all over the place. SPend the dough on custom map and you will probably make that money back in gas mileage in a year anyway.
I picked up 8 hp on top with custom map, over a PC map.

·
Registered
471 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts